Chapter 29

I stiffly look at him for a long time, then reach out to poke at the wounded spot on his shoulder without any hesitance, after seeing him slightly furrow his brows, I ask: "Eldest Cousin, does it hurt?"

Yuwen Rui's brows very quickly loosens, he plainly smiles and says: "What do you think?"

I watch the clean, snow-white outer robe dye red, like a stunningly beautiful plum blossom, causing me to squint my eyes into a bright smile, "So pretty."

Yuwen Rui plainly laughs, that long and slender finger lightly knocking against my forehead, "Where has this little bratty lass come from? Not caring about my injury and instead looking very happy."

I turn my face away, smilingly saying: "It's Cousin's injury, of course Cousin would care about it more."

Yuwen Rui falls silent upon hearing this, then turns my face to him and attentively looks at me, he suddenly smiles, those brown eyes dazzling like a crystal under the sunlight, "What's this, angry?"

I pull his hand down, seriously saying, "What's there to be angry about, what Cousin does is always correct."

"Oh~" He stretches his word, suddenly lowering his head to knock his forehead against me, "It's been half a month since I last sent you grapes, miss it?"

"What's there to miss." My voice is especially sincere, "I've eaten peaches, oranges and pears."

"Taste nice?"

"Of course." I smile at him, "Specially sent by Imperial Sister and Seventh Brother."

He lightly raises his brows, "Taste nicer than grapes?"

I shake my head, "No."

He plainly says: "Then don't force yourself, don't eat it."

I shake my head again, "Doesn't taste nicer than grapes, but Imperial Sister had said, just keep eating and eating like that ah, and I will get used to it."

Yuwen Rui's eyes slightly darkens, "En?"

I jump down from his lap, looking left and right, asking: "Cousin, where's the medicine?"

"In the cabinet, next to the bed." His voice as calm as ever.

I dutifully take the medical cream and long pieces of fabric, then come back, gently taking off his clothing and busy myself with the wound on his shoulder.

Yuwen Rui leaves me to fiddle around with unfamiliar movements, suddenly hooking an arm around my waist as he says: "Your actions sure can be considered methodical, looks like I did a good job teaching you that time."

I don't raise my head, continuing to busy myself, "Hurts."

Yuwen Rui lets out a soft chuckle, "That's true, hurts, that's why to this day you haven't forgotten."

Yuwen Rui is speaking of a painful experience in my childhood, at that time, I don't know how a fine rope was able to slash a big cut into my hand, I didn't even feel anything when it happened, but after it happened, I froze upon seeing the blood oozing out and flowing down, inwardly cursing that it really is true that 'the ten fingers are connected to the heart', not to mention it was the palm of my hand that was cut, hence the pain being even more difficult to bear.

Yuwen Rui who was still a weak teenager at the time, had already succeeded in practicing a whole body of firm and calm bearing, he helped me treat my wound with not a trace of panic in him, and had even leisurely explained to me whilst carrying out the treatment, what to do when met with a situation like this. And so, I who was still a clueless little girl at that time, did not cry nor make a fuss as I leave my hand to feel the pain, looking serious as I listen to his explanation.