Chapter 2: Forest Walk

Walking on the path back to home, you were thinking you could possibly go for a walk down the forest trail with Zeraora. It wasn't exactly that late, and you were sure you could return before 7 or 6 PM in the afternoon. Heck, maybe even time for a little picnic. You didn't really worry about any wild pokémon or trainers since this specific forest path wasn't all that popular. Mainly due to the fact it was in a more secluded area.

It sounded like a nice plan for the day. Especially since you don't go out as much anymore due to work schedules and such. But luckily today was your day off. You decided to take notes of how the day was on your way back. Sky is nice and clear with no clouds in sight check, Not many people walking around check. It really did seem like the perfect day to go out, you smiled lightly at that.

You could finally spend some quality time with Zeraora. Not saying that you didn't already but, now with some more diversity you know? You really did feel like you were cooped in your house too much. So this felt like a nice shift in your day. With that, you settled on going out with Zeraora today to walk around the forest and maybe visit a few places at it too while having a nice picnic. You couldn't wait to tell him, in fact you already saw your house in the distance.

                                                      { Short Time Skip}

Reaching the front doorstep, you fished your keys out of your pockets and proceeded to open the front door. Stepping inside and closing the door behind you, is when you saw a yellow blur before being tackled into a hug. "Agh!", You cried out in suprise. You knew it would happen, but not that fast. You had no time to react whatsoever. Zeraora was latched tightly on to you, as you returned the hug to him.

"Jeez pal, i was only gone for a few hours.", You said to him. You hugged for a little longer before breaking it up. You would question him later as to why he was so affectionate lately. "I was thinking. Would you like to take a walk down the local forest path near us and possibly have a picnic too? We haven't gone outside in a while, just you and me y'know.", You said to him. Zeraora nodded his head enthusiastically at that statement.

It was set then. You were going out today, all you had to do now was change out of work clothes, get the picnic basket setup, and get a small blanket for you to two sit on. This sounded really generic, but you were gonna do it regardless. "Just wait on the couch for a few. I'll be right back, i just have to go change into a comfortable outfit.", You told Zeraora. With that, you headed upstairs to your room to change out of your work outfit.

You decided to wear something casual, like just some regular shorts and a shirt. You figured it would probably be a little bit warm outside, which is why you decided to wear said clothes. You started heading back downstairs after changing. When you reached the living room, unsurprisingly Zeraora wasn't on the couch. "I wonder where he went now.", you said to yourself with a light smile.

Walking towards the kitchen, you found the Electric feline already putting some of its own snacks and fruits in the basket you left on the kitchen counter. "It appears i've caught you red-handed.", You said to Zeraora. The feline turned around stopping whatever it was doing, to look at you with a sheepish grin. "I'm guessing you've been packing your own little snacks in there while waiting right?", you asked him.

Zeraora responded with a smile and nod to the question. "Heh alright.", you said to him. You thought a few sandwiches would be nice enough to bring along, not like you were gonna be there for a really long amount of time anyways, so you stuffed some inside the basket. "I'm ready to go when you are Zeraora.", you told him, as you were picking up the basket and blanket you were going to use to sit down on. Walking towards the door, you saw he was already there, waiting.