(7) fête

The day was almost over, and that knowledge brought me immense joy

The day was almost over, and that knowledge brought me immense joy. The only thing preventing me from jumping into my bed was the party that was going to start soon.

Earlier at lunch, Nico had waved Sarah and I over to sit with them and it was actually not that bad. Mainly it was because Clark was absorbed in his own little world on his phone. His usual resting bitch face was there as he scrolled.

Dakota was talking about some party later and Nico decided to invite us along.

"Come on, it'll be awesome!" Nico pleaded, noticing my hesitance. And no, it's not like I don't like parties or some cliché like that, I just wasn't sure because Clark would be attending, and when I get drunk (which I'm planning on) I spill a lot of secrets.

"I don't know Nico... Sarah?" I nudged the girl on my right.

"I actually can't, I'm sorry. I have to go to Berlin for the weekend to meet my parents. Maybe next time?"

"Yeah that's cool. Wait Nico can I bring the girls with me then?"

"Yeah sure," he smiled

"Please don't bring Cadence though!" Luca groaned shaking his head.

"I thought you had a thing for her?" Sarah scrunched her eyebrows.

"I flirted with her once! And I was bored!"

"What a gentleman," snorted Dakota

"Says you! I don't know who's bigger of a whore, you or Clark!"

Dakota had an offended look on his face, while Clark didn't even seem fazed. I wasn't sure if he was even listening to us. He just had this irritated look on his face while his eyes moved across the screen of his iPhone.

"Anyways, the party starts at like eight, but I like to be fashionably late."

"So see you at eight then?"  I replied, but the response was cut off due to Clark suddenly standing up. His chair loudly made a screeching noise, and the boy stormed out of the cafeteria.

"Shit. Something probably happened." Luca commented on Clark's dramatic exit.

"Like what? The only problem that he has is Blake and his--"

"Dad." I whispered under my breath. Yes we may hate each other but one of the rare things the asshole and I have in common is our immense daddy issues.

"You know?" Dakota raised his eyebrows at me

"If you forgot, I've known him even before the daddy issues started. We were forced on playdates remember?"

"God, Mister Ellington can be a total dick sometimes," Nico rolled his eyes

"Yeah... Well Sarah, what are you gonna do in Germany?" Dakota switched the topic, signaling the end of the conversation.