Rise of The Octarians

It was just another normal morning, sparrows chirping as the trees whistled softly against the wind.
Kai watched from the balcony of the apartment and curiously glanced around, observing the busy Inklings from below.
He liked the fact that not one of them looked the same, they all obviously had different preferences on their clothing and hair style. He pictured other Octolings walking about along the street with the Inklings. At this point, Kai desired the thought of freeing their souls from the brainwashed words of DJ Octavio.

A low rumbling sound began to echo from the distance, and the apartment building began to shake feverishly for a few seconds. Kai, now alert, stood up quickly and frantically searched around for the source of noise.
The Inklings below turned as well and some cried out in fear, " What was that?!"

" Strange..that couldn't be an earthquake, must have been an explosion of some sort," Kai thought.

He then quickly ran and snatched his phone from the kitchen counter, he wanted to make sure Coral was alright as well.

Kai waited and waited for her voice to answer from the other end but it only led to her voicemail.
He grunted in response and decided to just text her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
         Kai's Phone         8:15 a.m
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kai:
Coral?! Did you hear that loud
rumbling? It must be coming from
Inkopolis Square

Kai:
Coral??

Kai:
Please answer me...

Coral:
Sorry and yes, I'm ok.
Meet u at the apartment, I've got
bad news.

Kai:
Bad news?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Kai put his phone back on the kitchen counter and ran his fingers over his hair and sighed. He spent the next ten minutes pacing back and forth the floors of the apartment, wondering what the bad news could be.

    He stopped in his tracks as the door opened and Coral wasn't alone, she was accompanied by no other than Marina and Pearl from Off  The Hook.
   Coral quickly slammed the door shut and breathed heavily, it was obvious that the three had ran to the apartment without even catching a breath.

    " What's going on?" Kai asks in confusion.
" It's bad! T-the Great Zapfish just suddenly vanished after a small explosion erupted not too far from Inkopolis Square." Marina says, managing to speak despite out of breath.

   " That's..that's right, and without The Great Zapfish, we won't have any power!" Coral adds.

   " I'm sure it's the work of the Octarians! Two of em' , both female were spotted earlier sneaking' around the subway yesterday!! Pearl snarls.

    " I suppose so, that explosion did sound like one of the elite Octarian weapons. I cannot recall the name of it but I know I have heard it somewhere during my life as an Octarian soldier."

" Right, which is why we need you both to investigate it, Agent 3 and Agent 8.." Marina brings up.

  Coral sighs, " Yeah.. I kinda knew what was going to happen when you guys called me after the explosion..,"

   " The old man Cuttlefish already sent Agent 1 and Agent 2 out to investigate the two spotted unidentified Octolings yesterday but we haven't heard back from them since," Pearl explains.

   " So do you want us to search for the Great Zapfish?" Coral asks, shifting her leg's weight from another.

    " Well technically yes, but we need evidence first to make sure that it is actually the work of Octarians, rather than assuming and only knowing little knowledge of the explosion's origin and searching in the wrong area," Marina says. " I wouldn't know because I never worked with the explosions during my Octarian life.."

" True, and It doesn't seem to help that I cannot be so sure if the elite weapon I am talking about is the same as that explosion." Kai mumbled as he continued to think.

  " In the mean time, we need you both to pair up and go after Agent 1 and 2. Contacting them didn't seem to do any good so we'll need you two to take extra careful precautions when you arrive..," Pearl says and she turns to Marina and asks, " Marina, can you check the last time Agent 1 and 2 were logged into their headsets?"

  Marina nods and pulls out her laptop and quickly brings up Agent 1 and 2's login information.
  Marina squints her eyes and says, " That's strange, Agent 2 was logged in approximately 40 minutes ago for about 20.5 seconds..her location displays that she was in Octo Canyon."

     " And Agent 1?" Kai asks as he made his way over to Marina.

   Marina scrolls up and down Agent 1 and 2's login information. She scrunches her face, " Nothing, nothing  since the last time the both of them were contacted."

    " That's weird, you both sent them in a pair as well-right?" Coral asks as she peers over Marina's laptop.

   " Correct, we haven't heard anything from them since yesterday but Agent 2 seemed to maybe contacted one of us before the explosion. She must have found something and tried to warn us before the incident.." Marina says as she shuts her laptop closed.

    Kai sighs and crosses his arms, " Alright, when should we start heading over to Octo Val- I mean Octo Canyon."

   Pearl slumps into the cushion of the couch and replies, " Start preppin' for anything extra that y'all  need to bring, don't go in your normal clothes and be ready in the afternoon because Octarians are more likely to be active at night."

   " Y-yes, we'll notify Cap'n Cuttlefish and eventually try to get in touch with Agent 1 and 2." Marina says as she packs her laptop into the bag that slouched over her shoulder.

   The two idols shortly  leave the apartment, leaving the two agents to prepare for their investigation.

  Coral turns to Kai and says, " Welp, looks like our turf war matches with Bruno and Alex will have to be put on hold for a while.. hopefully not too long."

   " heh, yeah.." Kai says as he gets up to grab his 'Agent' uniform. Ever since he was referred to as Agent 8, Cap'n Cuttlefish was impressed of Kai's work so he eventually made him the official Agent 8 and let him keep his uniform because none of the other gear that they had for agents suited Kai.

     It was for sure gonna be a longer mission than they expected it to be.

Authors note:
Ok so now we are getting into the action. There was kind of no conflict or plot really in the past few chapters because I was just warming up the friendship between Kai and Coral. I finally got this chapter done because of school wow..