I can do this 53

Drown- cuco, clairo

This book needs more bde and idk who to give it to.

———

Richie awoke in an all to familiar bed. Fuck. He thought to himself. "Oh shit." He whispered as he remembered what day it was. "Fuck fuck fuck." Richie got out of Derricks bed and ran to the front door grabbing his shoes and keys.

-

Richie rushed home and quickly changed. Looking around his room he saw his phone charger which he quickly picked up and brought with him.

-

When he got to school he quickly went to his locker to grab his stuff and then headed to class with his head down. He heard someone call for him, it sounded like Eddie. "Richie. Hey! Richie!" But that has happened before, and it was never real so he ignored it. Richie took out his phone and unlocked it. 88 messages, what the fuck. He hasn't had that many texts since he was hanging out with his old friends.

-

Richie read each and every message that was sent four times just to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. Every. Single. Message.

Eddie is back. He still likes me. I need him.

Richie tapped the unknown number that was Eddie and pressed call. Sure they were both in school and class had started five minutes ago but he needed to talk to him.

Eddie didn't answer.

Richie tapped Stan's number and pressed call. "Miss. Can I be excused for a minute?" Richie asked standing up and leaving without getting a response from his teacher.

As soon as he left the room he whispered to himself. "Pick up pick up pick up."- no answer.

-

Richie; answer your fucking phone

Stan; wow, aggressive.

Richie; is Eddie really back?

Richie; is he here? Right now?

Stan; yes, and yes. You literally ignored him this morning.

Richie; that was really him???

Richie; I thought it was my imagination playing fucking tricks on me again.

Stan; nope. It was really him

Richie; why didn't he answer when I tried to call him?

Stan; idk. Maybe because we are in class??? Or because you ignored him this morning and he's showing you how it feels.

Richie; he's ignored all of us for 5 weeks

Stan; not by his choice! Dude did you read your text messages at all?

Richie; yes.

Stan; he's in English

Richie; AH THANKS STANNY I LOVE YOU.

Stan; whatever. It's not like you can talk to him. You aren't in the same class

Richie; I have my ways.

-

Richie put his phone in his pocket and raced to the closest stairwell. He walked... well, more like ran up to the third floor. He was out of breath and didn't have a plan.

He was at room 301 he had a whole 16 rooms to come up with his plan. He took a deep breath.

"I can do this." Richie spoke. "I'm Richie Tozier. We are seniors. It's the last week of school. I'm the Valedictorian. I can do this."

Richie opened the door to room 317 and saw the teacher, then saw Eddie. "Um, hi. Can I borrow Eddie for a quick second?" Richie asked. "Please." He added.

The teacher nodded and Eddie stood up and walked out the door. Not waiting for Richie to follow.

"Eddie! Wait up!" Richie called out.

"What?" Eddie replied  "What do you want?"

"To talk to you."

"I thought I wanted to talk to you too. But I've realized now that I don't." Eddie spoke back

"Why not?"

"Really? Why not?" Eddie mocked. "Derrick."

"I don't want to talk about him."

"You don't want to talk about your boyfriend? Or you don't want to talk about your rapist?" Eddie spoke harshly, his eyes getting watery.

"Don't bring that up." Richie said really really quietly.

"How could you go back to him? Why would you? I was gone for what 4 days and then you go back to him?"

"I deserve him. I don't deserve you. You're too good for me." Richie said.

"No I'm not!" Eddie practically yelled.

"You don't deserve someone like me. You deserve way better. Someone like stan or Bev or Audrey or someone that's not me."

"Why do you keep saying that? You're literally perfect."

"No I'm not. I get raped, I get my first girlfriend, I get laid by my first girlfriend, I realize I'm gay, I date Derrick, I get raped again, I cheat on Derrick with you, I fall in love with you, I break up with you to save your family relationship because mine is fucked up, your mom takes you away,

"I hate myself, I push all my friends away, I get back with Derrick, the first night I hang with him I think he drugs me and I get raped again, I try to kill myself... twice, Derrick rapes me again... and that happens over and over like for a month and now here you are and here I am, and I'm a mess."

"You need to go to the police." Eddie said "and if you don't I will."

"No." Richie said "I already tried to. They wouldn't listen"

"You need to break up with Derrick then."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because, I cant just hop from boy to boy back to boy to boy." Richie said

"You can't stay with Derrick. I won't let you."

"And how are you going to stop me?"

"I'm gonna go to Derrick and then I'm gonna call the police."

"Eddie, no. I don't wanna ruin his life too."

"Rich, he's ruining yours. Just look at you." Eddie gestured to all of richie "You look like your dead."

"Whatever. I'm not doing it" Richie said turning to walk away, pausing for a small second, and then actually walking away.