Chapter 42

"Do you really think this looks good Zoe?"

"You look like a whole baddie. The hell are you asking me these stupid questions for? Brett is going to worship the floor you walk on. I am quite proud of my makeup skills." Zoe flips her straightened brown hair behind me shoulder, a proud smirk planted on her face.

I evaluate my outfit in the body length mirror. It should be fine. It's not a date date. And it's just Brett. My black jeggings outline the curves of my hips and thighs and my black cami top is loose along my upper body, but only shows a little bit of cleavage. I have my black leather jacket to wear on me for warmth along with my grey scarf. I have on black ankle high stiletto boots. 

I walk over to the window in my hotel room that overlooks outside the building to see if Brett is outside and to my delight, his car just pulled up.

"Gotta go. Stay here if you want. Order room service. Do whatever you like hun." I tell Zoe, who is watching Shadowhunters on the TV. She is mumbling words to herself like the crazy little crackhead she is.

"Zoe!"

"Huuuhhhh?" she responds in a weird deep voice and a dopey look on her face. 

"What is your deal?" I ask and look at the television. Some girl with red hair is screaming about needing to find her mother to some handsome blond guy that I would definitely ta-

"Matthew Daddario and Dominic Sherwood is my deal. Two hot, sexy men and I can't pick between them. Ughhh kill me."

"Does this have anything to do with the fact that Matthew Daddario looks like Asher."

"Matthew Daddario is a hot little fucker and is twice the man Asher ever will be. And Dominic Sherwood..." Zoe starts moaning and groaning in the bed and I take this opportunity to leave. 

Cringe

I always knew she was crazy. Now I know how much. 

I close the door behind me and hop in the elevator and take it downstairs. A knot in my stomach twists and I take a few deep breaths to steady myself. It is just a friend hang out. It's not a date. This is for sure not my first date. I didn't sign up for a date date.

Why am I babbling?

The elevator dings and the two silver doors open and I walk outside. I open the doors to leave the hotel and standing in front of a sleek black sports car is Brett Cruz with a bouquet of roses in his hands and a dazzling smile on his face.

Issac always knew to buy me peonies.

His eyes trail down my body eyeing every curve displayed through my clothes and his ears turn slightly pink. I walk over and stand right in front of him.

"You look..." He runs his hands through his dark brown hair. "Damn."

"Is that a good damn or a bad one?" 

"A good one...definitely a good one" 

I bite my lip trying to suppress the grin that wants to break out on my face. "So where are you taking me?"

"Have you eaten?"

"No. not yet"

A smile breaks out on his face and a dimple on his left cheek forms and out of impulse, my finger shoots up and touches the dimple. 

"Dimple." I tell him admiring the cute characteristic on Brett's already perfect face.

"Nose" his finger taps my nose and I look at him with my 'really?' face in which he flashes me a full toothed smile.