28-I Had Strings

Tony's parties are far more fun when you're intoxicated.

I'm not saying I wasn't having any fun while at the party and I'm not saying you can't have fun sober, but when you're surrounded my drunks-you can't help but want to get a little sauced. I try to force myself to have fun and I keep my distance. Men that were invited come up to me, focusing more on how my tits look in my lingerie top than the actual conversation. They do not hold my favor long, but I always make sure to sway my hips as I walk away. I try to stay close to either Sam, Tony, Thor, or Steve for most of the night. I even people watch with Bruce for a bit. That is, until the party ends.

Tony orders Chinese food and we all sit on the couches. I sit next to my brother and Rhodey, my feet tucked under myself, heels abandoned on the floor. My brother's jacket is draped over my shoulders. I attempt to listen to the conversation as I post a few pictures to social media of the party tonight. I also impatiently wait for a text or call from Matt to let me know if he's okay or if he needs help. He always calls, but it's probably just still too early-

"Earth to pyromaniac!" Tony says, bumping my shoulder. He takes my phone, making me reach out to grab it like I'm an addicted teenager. Our team watches amusedly. Even Clint has a small smile on his face.

"Tony, give it back." I whine and he shakes his head, tossing it to Bruce. I narrow my eyes at my brother as Bruce puts it in his shirt pocket.

"Matt's fine. Please pay attention to the matter at hand, kiddo." My brother says with a smile and I roll my eyes, leaning back against the couch. As much as I love my family, I didn't feel comfortable, especially with Clint around. I knew that Tony had a knife covered jab on the tip of his tongue every time Clint opened his throat. Even with the mere mention of my boyfriend, Clint straightens his back, his eyes quickly looking at me. I roll my eyes at him. Images flash in my mind, of Matt and I. Laying in bed on a lazy Saturday morning, walking down the street and holding hands. Everything I had with Matt, I could have never had with Clint. So I smirked my bright red lips and Clint went back to twirling his drumsticks in his hands.

"It's a trick!" Clint calls out to Thor, motioning to the legendary hammer resting on the table. I leaned forward, picking up my Coke off the table, a smile on my face.

"Oh no it's much more than that." Thor laughs and Clint rolls his eyes.

"He whoever shall be worthy shall haveth the power!" Clint tries to mock Thor's booming voice, "Whatever man its a trick!"

"Well please be my guest." Thor says, smiling and motioning towards the hammer. I roll my eyes, sipping my drink as Clint got up, setting aside the drumsticks.

"Clint, we know you've had a tough week so we won't put it against you if you can't get it up." Tony joked and I snorted, almost spitting out my Coke. My nose burns slightly from the acidic drink. Tony smiles at me, giving me a fist bump.

"You might've seen this before right?" Clint says before trying to pick up the hammer, grunting, laughing, "I still don't know how you do it."

"The silent judgement?" Tony asks and Clint stops trying with the hammer, admitting defeat. Of course he isn't worthy. You cannot be Thor if you're an asshole.

"Please, Stark, by all means!" Clint says as he sits down. Tony stands up, obviously excited and drunk. Tony unbuttons his suit jacket as he makes his way to the hammer. I roll my eyes again at my brother being dramatic

"Never one to shrink away from an honest challenge. It's just physics." Tony says as he puts his hand through the strap, " So if I lift it, I can rule Asgard?"