twenty-nine

Dallas was not sure when or how she would ever get a chance to meet the other Avengers on the team

Dallas was not sure when or how she would ever get a chance to meet the other Avengers on the team. She had met Clint and Thor, and of course, Tony, but that was a given. It usually slipped her mind, not really bothering her or being top priority either. It was day two after the whole press conference, and day one since all the information went viral.

Dallas had not left the Tower for two days.

She was actually surprised she had not run into any other avengers in that forty-eight hour time period. Just when it happened, Dallas was not expecting it to be after a late night binge watching of friends on Netflix. Doctor Bruce Banner happened to walk in extremely early, Dallas had forgotten she chose the communal floor tv instead of the one on Tony's level, the man walked In and went straight for some toast.

Dallas did not even hear him do that.

She was groggy from just waking up, and had stood up from the couch with horrible bed head and the blanket she had claimed as her own around her shoulders, tied in the front so it would cape over her back without any extra effort from her. Dallas had walked right passed him and straight to the nice smelling toaster, and Dallas...Dallas stole Bruce's toast.

On accident. Yes. She had stolen the scientists breakfast.

"Uh, excuse me?" The man had poked her shoulder politely mid-bite.

He caught Dallas off guard, and it took her a few moments to realize that it was Bruce Banner in front of her who was drinking coffee and had the butter in his hands for...the toast. She should have known better than to think bread magically toasted itself!

Dallas chokes on the toast, "I am so sorry, this was probably yours."

Not how she wanted to meet another member of her fathers team.

"Yeah..you can keep that. I'll make another, it's fine." He says, smiling awkwardly.

The man goes and puts two more pieces of bread in the toaster, and leans against the counter sipping on his coffee quietly.

Dallas shakes her head, she forgot to introduce herself, "Sorry for stealing your toast, I'm Dallas."

"So I've heard. I'm Bruce." He says, and lifts his coffee to his lips and takes a long sip.

"It seems like a lot of people have heard by now. Nice to meet ya." Dallas breathes deep, and adjusts her blanket over her shoulders feeling out of place on the floor with the legendary scientist.

Dallas shifts on her toes and watches Bruce go to the fridge, and open it in search of something.

"Damn. Out of blackberries." Bruce mutters, and shuts the fridge.

Now would be a perfect time to go back up to Tony's floor.

As she turns Bruce asks, "Hey, wanna go on a store run with me?"