Chapter-36

Adi

Raksha did an amazing job setting the whole thing up. The wedding was being organised at James parent's house. The old couple was over joyed to know that their son once again decided to give love a chance. After he lost his wife and 3 year old daughter few years back, he had sworn never to risk the life of ones he loved. But the father in him couldn't stop from loving Anika who reminded him so much of his little daughter. My eyes went to Anika who now was seated between her adoptive grandparents, enjoying the attention and love they showered on her.

The wedding was attended by all James' relatives and cousins, as we became the family for Anjali. The funny part was, she pushed Dipika to help me in every job and stuck herself to Veer.  Time and again I would come across Veer's grumpy expression but the girls seemed to have their own fun. I was ready to change the helping partner but my partner decided to go with my would be wife. I wasn't sure if I would live to see the wedding had been doing so many preparations for, Veer kept throwing mad glances at me warning me time and again. All I could do was to hang my head in helplessness, ''Your brother will kill me.'' I said as soon as I caught hold of Raksha.

''No he won't, he can just threaten. So just chill.'' 

''Do you even care for me? Veer had warned me about killing me if I don't step away from Dipika.''

''Then tell his wife, she will handle him nicely.'' Raksha replied casually.

''That's a temporary relief, the moment he finds me alone I am dead.'' She chuckled threw her arms around my neck and locked her eyes with mine, ''He wouldn't dare. he messed with me the other day, I took my revenge engaging Dipika with you. He touches you, I swear he won't be able to touch his wife again.'' She said that in way that I couldn't help but smile.

Pulling her closer, I pecked the tip of her nose, ''Thanks for making it beautiful for James and Anjali.''

She smiled, ''My final gift is pending.'' I frowned, she moved out and walked away in the direction of the couple. I followed curious to know what was she talking about. She hugged Anjali close, ''Its time for my gift. Shaan has been send back to India and he is never going to trouble you.''  Anjali stood speechless, her eyes then glistened as she hugged Raksha again, ''You know something, you are a Princess in every sense and you proved it. Thanks!''

''After the way I behaved with you, consider this as my apology.'' She replied Anjali with a smile

''You secured my daughter's future. tell me if I can be of any help.''

Raksha thought, ''Umm..Okay as ist kind of a ritual for our families to send kids abroad, I will count on you in ours comes here.'' Anjali nodded , ''Anika will me his or her manager.''

''No, its not her duty. Let her be what she wants to. And you are our friend, just be that.'' Turning to Anika , she knelt, ''What do you want to do when you grow up?''

''I want to play football.''Anika replied , a big smile stretched on her lips. Raksha caressed her cheek, ''So be it.'' 

We congratulated the couple , Veer Dipika gifted them a honeymoon . James didn't wanted to leave owing to my security, but I pushed him. he deserves this happiness, more than the couple , Anika looked excited. James' parents offered to take care of her but James wanted to take her along. 

''Can I have my wife back.'' Veer asked all grumpy. Seriously , this guy is mad. 

''I was never holding her. Guess she got bored of you.'' I replied tongue in cheek.

Before he could react, I got save by Raksha, ''Dare you put a finger on him.'' Veer looked from me to Raksha, ''You guys actually suit each other, such betrayer. One forgot his best friend after getting a girl and she forgot her elder brother after getting a useless guy.''