21

- 1 month later -

"yuta. stop texting and help us with the assembly!" doyoung scolds for the nth time that day.

they were over at saori's house today, helping her with the props for the theater club. if saori knew she'd only be in charge of the arts and craft, she wouldn't have joined.

yeri did comfort her, saying all new members start like that, and that their club president was just challenging her and testing her patience or some shit. saori called bullshit, and so did sooyoung surprisingly.

not because sooyoung feels sorry for saori, but for some reason, she just hated their president, park seohee.

which was nuts because seohee was like a literal goddess. most popular girl in school, also smartest in her class, ballet dancer and many more.

but saori made herself believe that sooyoung and her are friends, therefore, sooyoung hates seohee for making saori work a lot. by herself. which was unfair. and saori hates unfairness. so... she kinda hates seohee and is kinda passive-aggressive about it.

"i thought you joined the theater club not the arts and crafts," yuta complains but helps doyoung lift up a piece of wood anyway.

"i know but i'm just a newbie. most newbies work behind the scenes... like lighting and props and costumes!" saori reasons out, her face smudged with different shades of paint.

"besides this is kinda fun, no? the three of us making arts and crafts in the garage just like when we were kids!"

"i fucking met you in middle school," doyoung reminds.

"fine, just me and yuta then." saori pops the 'p' at him.

yuta and saori had remained civilized for the most part of the 'momo' incident. there was a mutual agreement between the two of them to avoid talking about her because they'll end up fighting again. there were pros and cons of course.

pros: they don't fight.

cons: yuta doesn't talk to saori about his 'mushy' feelings. they barely see each other than at home. and yeah, yuta doesn't open up to her that much anymore.

basically, it sucks.

saori knows it's her fault but she's too prideful to admit it. now her relationship with yuta is on the estranged line, and she can't even talk to johnny about it because she has to tell him the entire momo narrative and she hates talking about it/her.

"hey, just to remind you folks, we're going to that party ten's hosting tonight," saori mentions, earning groans from the two males.

"do we have to go? i mean, you're the only one suh's dating," doyoung complains.

"yeah, but ten invited everyone and since you two are my best friends..." saori trails off.

"no. we are not obligated to accompany you there. besides, you're going with your boyfriend so you'll end up ditching us!" doyoung turns to yuta for help. "right, yuta?"

"you're right," yuta answers. "but... i'm going. momo's gonna be there and she—"

an awkward silence drawls over them as yuta's voice quieted down. "yeah, we're gonna meet up so..."

"so, you guys are ditching me? unbelievable!" doyoung tries to save the conversation.

"shut up. you have taeyong with you. i'm pretty sure he won't leave you alone the entire time."

right, doyoung is still with taeyong. in a "friendship" type of way. yeah, he's learning how to deal with taeyong's mood swings every now and then. the guy still won't tell doyoung the reason he gets upset with him but he's coping. hopefully.