Awakening

Hyoto thought deep and hard about what could the symbol of one be. He thought so hard that Dabi had to slap him twice to get him out of his thoughts. It couldn't be helped really, he was trying to save both heroes and villains when both sides thought they didn't need any saving after all. Hyoto laughed at the thought of the heroes and villains not needing saving. It was truly laughable because wanting to be a hero or thinking of being a villain was a parasite of their own. It was like giving everyone a gun. Some people would "protect" people while others would destroy the people who "protects." They were destroying each other anyway. It was the mind that was sick really.

They had to have the same goal if Hyoto wanted to save them but how could Hyoto do that? He was only a growing teenager who loved a man with medical staples on his skin. His quirk did nothing but hurt his own body. He only had one working leg and his left eye was losing light. What could he possibly do without risking his health anymore? What could he do when Dabi had strapped him into the bedpost everytime Dabi left? The only way for Hyoto to do anything would be when Dabi was home... He didn't have another option.

"Hyoto, I'm home," Dabi said as he opened the door.

"Welcome home, now let me go you big doof! My arms feel like they aren't even there anymore!" Hyoto said.

"Alright, alright," Dabi shrugged off his coat and hung it on a chair nearby before taking a seat on the edge of the bed and undoing the metal cuffs. Once out of them, Hyoto sprang out of the bed and ran to the green room while picking up the water sprayer. Dabi went to the bathroom to wash his hands.

"I'M MAKING SPAGHETTI!" Dabi hears Hyoto call out and the older could help but dread dinner. It had been three days straight that they had the same menu for dinner and Dabi had to eat it or Hyoto would sulk for a week straight. A sulking Hyoto was annoying as it was and Dabi could only hope that tomorrow would be different.

"Make it spicy," Dabi drawled out as he left the bathroom and dropped himself down the sofa.

"What are you saying? I always make it spicy!"

"Not spicy enough for me, Snow White."

Hyoto pouted and complained, "If I make it any more spicy, I will die!"

Dabi laughed but did not comment anymore because he knew that Hyoto would prepare a separate dish for himself. Hyoto was a darling like that.

"Ne, Dabi. What could make both Villains and Heroes be united?"

"Ha?"

"Don't "ha" me. You heard what I said."

"Well, it's a very dumb question because heroes and villains will never see eye to eye."

Hyoto started to bring out the plates from the cupboard, "why is that?"

It truly was a dumb question and Dabi knew that Hyoto knew it was a dumb question. So for Hyoto to still ask such a dumb question would be because he was seeking another answer that hidden beneath that same question. So, Dabi decided to humor his little lover.

"Because we don't have a common goal. Heroes want to fight against the villains because they are wrong and vice versa. They see each other as enemies."

"So you are saying if both heroes and villains had a common enemy then they would see eye to eye?"

Dabi paused his thoughts and turned his body to look at Hyoto from the sofa. The young doctor was currently setting the food into the plates with his major focus. What was going through Hyoto's mind? Hopefully nothing impossible or ridiculous.

"Yeah, but that's impossible," Dabi continued. "Heroes and Villains have been at each others' throat too much to see eye to eye."

"Well, if the threat is for both of them then they will have no choice but to work together," Hyoto muttered.

"What was that?"

The white haired doctor turned around with two plates in each hand and a smile on his face.

"Food is ready to be eaten is what!"

Turquoise eyes skeptically looked at Hyoto place the plates on the table. Doctor Snow White tilted his head in question when Dabi didn't move to eat the spaghetti. A silent question if anything was wrong. The patched up blue-flame-user sighed as he took a bite from his plate. It was spicy, very spicy, just how he liked it. Dinner was spent with few comments and responses here and there.

"Dabi, you should wash up," Hyoto said once they were both finished with their food. Hyoto picked up the plates to wash.

"Right," Dabi responded as he stretched and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

As warm water was streaming down his body, his muscles seemed to relax and his eyes be lulled to sleep. How strange... warm bath would usually wake him up. Maybe meeting that taxing face-palmed bastard and almost going into a life-or-death situation had riled him up too much that once he was relaxed exhaustion was settling in. Dabi dried himself up and brushed his teeth before going to the living room to see Hyoto putting stuff into a bag.

"What are you doing?" Dabi frowned.

"Packing up!" Hyoto said too cheery.

"And where do you think you are going when all those heroes are looking for you?" Dabi wrapped his arms around Hyoto. His eyelids all of a sudden felt heavy.

"Dabi, you're putting too much weight on me," Hyoto complained, "You're heavy."

"Where... do you think," Dabi paused a second to shake tiredness away but it only seemed to do the contrary.

"You're not... goooing..."

"Dabi, you're slurring and muttering," Hyoto laughed. "Why don't you go to bed?"

Hands tightly clung onto Hyoto's shirt as if it was Dabi's only source of life line. Hyoto pushed his glasses up to his nose bridge before he turned to hug Dabi. Laying a small peck on the older man's cheek, Hyoto tightened his hold on Dabi as the patched up man slumped against Hyoto. Dabi's arms slackened and fell to his side.

"I love you..."

Dabi's eyelids snapped open and sat up from the bed. He hastily looked around and there was no sign of Hyoto. The man ran and searched for any sign of Hyoto but he only saw missing stuff; bag, hat, chemistry instruments, pair of shoes. Dabi had lost Hyoto again.

He took a troubling and shaking breath in and then out as he gripped onto his chest. Clenching his eyes shut as if he was in life threatening pain. Knees collided against the wooden panel. It was as if Dabi was crying because of how his shaky his breaths were. His body seemed to shake in sync but that was wrong. Dabi does not cry. No, the string of his sanity and love had snapped. The next time he opened his eyes was when his eyes lost all life and fell dull. Instead, those eyes gleamed dangerously and obsessively. They held promise. Now... there would be no next time for Snow White because next time Snow White would stay asleep.