My New Donor

BLAIR:

I was too stunned to speak, I mean, what do you say to the homophobic guy you crushed on for forever and the new guy who just sweeps in to your life and steals your heart when you find out their together? 'Hey, what's up? So...how 'bout them Cowboy's I heard that their quarterback was—okay, WHAT THE HELL?!'

And since when did Tristan's eye change from hazel to gold? I mean I might've written it off as a trick of the sun's if it hadn't been for his eye's being brown and green instead of their blue-green color, plus his iris's GREW, like, nearly took up all the white kinda grew.

Not human.

I mean, from time to time the purple in Topher's eyes seemed to swallow up all the acid green and darken a bit, but not like this, this screamed 'I am dangerous'. And there stood Zeke, completely oblivious and in harms way, I liked him way too much to leave him there. “Blair!” I turned to see Topher wrapped in the arms of the Brainless Brawn, grinning and waving like an idiot. What in the hell was wrong with these guys?! Since when did we go for jocks?! I felt like ripping them both away and stomping the jocks, but nicely muscled as I was, I was no match for the dynamic duo, even if Tristan were human, which I was seriously doubting at the moment.

“Hey, Toph...” I drawled hesitantly. “Hey, is Andy gonna be cool with...this? I thought you guys were dating.”

“What?!” Jack growled, my eyes nearly popped out of my head...no freaking way...his eyes did the same thing as Tristan's, that strange animalistic gold...

“Breathe, Jack, breathe, there's nothing going on with me and Andy he's my...um, he's...he's not my boyfriend but we are...CLOSE.” he gave the growling boy a very meaningful look and the gold faded as quickly as it has come as understanding enveloped him.

“Oh.” he said, reddening slightly, “got it. Sorry, Chris, I shouldn't have just...ya know, assumed.” he tilted his head at me then kind clinched his jaw. WTF? I mean, seriously, is Topher keeping something from me that he already told that idiot? Not cool. Wait, what am I thinking? I should be focused on the fact that my crush and one of my best friends are dating monsters! UGH! “So, Blair?” he asked, not even waiting for me to reply before plowing on. “We're having a Bar-B-Que at my house, do you...wanna come with us?”

NO!!! HELL no, I wanna be anywhere but around you FREAKS! “Yeah, sure, that's cool.” I heard myself grumble, tucking my hands in my pockets.

“Great!” Zeke exclaimed, throwing himself at me with a hug. Tristan glared at me over his shoulder, Jack holding tightly to his upper arm as if to keep him from ripping out my throat. What a hypocrite! He was totally ready to run to the other side of the subdivision and tear Andy a new one, and that's another thing that just confused the hell out of me, Topher strongly suggest that no, they weren't dating, but they WERE lovers and he cools off like it's no big deal, logically, isn't that the part that would bug a guy?

“Well, that's nice, let's go!” Tristan growled, grabbing Zeke up around his waist and tossing him over his shoulder making him shriek with laughter.

Asshole, I could do that. “Show off.” I muttered, folding my arms over my chest. Man I hate that guy...whatever he is.

ZEKE:

“Are we gonna tell him?” I whispered to Topher through my teeth, still smiling as Tristan hauled me over his shoulder back to Jack's house.

“Well, I mean, you do need a donor and Blair or Salem are the only people I would trust with our secret. It's up to you, I guess, but I would pick Blair, he's yummy.” Topher giggled, winking at me, making Jack growl again. WHOA! Gold eyes! I was not expecting that, did they know that happened? I mean, duh, of course they did, but did Blair already see? “Breathe baby, I mean his blood, he's A negative, my second favorite flavor.”