8 | WTF

ALYSSA

BRYCE had an urgent meeting so he left for work early in the morning. I woke up, yawning as I sat up. Rolling out of bed, I took a bath and got dressed up in a black long-sleeved dress thar reaches my thighs. I let my hair down and went downstairs for breakfast. Claire came in with a frown as Lyle followed her. He sees me and smiles at me.

"Good morning, beautiful." He smiles cheekily, sitting down beside me as Claire glares at him while eating.

"Morning. Have you had breakfast yet?" I ask him, looking at him.

"Nope. Was in a rush this morning." He said.

I push my plate of food to him,"Eat."

"I'm fine, Aly." He shook his head.

"No, you need food." I say as I stab a cucumber with a fork. When he opens his mouth to object, i quickly put the cucumber into his mouth and laugh as he stares at me wide eyed for my action. Then he smiles as he starts chewing the cucumber.

He holds my gaze for a while when the maid suddenly comes in,"Ma'am, we have visitors."

Maria

I stood outside the door with my luggage at my side as the car sped off, my family leaving me to suffer.

"Madam is expecting you," The maid said, allowing me to enter.

I take a deep breath and stepped into their home, knowing very well my life will change.

***

Alyssa sat at the table with a guy standing by her side protectively. I shyly enter the dining room as my friend smiled warmly.

"Good morning," She greets.

I smile, greeting her back as I near her.

"You're here." She says, standing up to meet me.

"I don't have a choice." I tell her and she looked hurt.

"You do, Maria. Now, are you sure you want to do this?" She asked me.

I sigh, looking into her eyes. "Yes. I'm sure."

BRYCE

"Shit, I forgot the folder that contains information that the Oswald Corp needs. I'll be back, Dorothy." I tell my personal assistant as I walk out of my office. I decide not to call my driver to drive me and instead drive myself home.

As soon as I reach home, I walk up to our room to get the folder I needed. When I walked out of our room with the folder, I start searching for my wife. I miss her.

Then below I saw someone walk to the kitchen. I smile, knowing its Alyssa since she was wearing black sweats. With her hair still in a towel. No one wears that. Even Claire hates those, says its not her style. I grin, heading down there to see my wifey.

When i enter the kitchen, her back was facing me as she touched the apples on the counter. I smirk, walking up to her.

"Hey love," I say and put my arms around her waist, giving her a hug from behind and I felt her stiffen. Weird.

Slowly, the person turns around and I couldn't believe it.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I yell at her.

She flinches, closing her eyes and I felt bad for a second before glaring at her.

"Bryce?" A soft voice calls behind me. I turn around and found Alyssa looking at me then at Maria whose gaze was fixated on the floor. "Lyle, please escort Maria to her room please."

Hey guys....I know this is a very short chapter. But at least i updated right? Haha college has been hectic. I don't have time to write anymore like I used to. When I wasn't in college yet, I would grow impatient whenever the author doesn't update bc of college stuff. Now, I understand ahaha

Remember to comment and vote! I will do my best to update when I can. 🔥