Chapter Three | First World

[ 3 ]

The streets were still as many were peacefully and obliviously sleeping. Unaware of the wet slap of ShuNing's blood as it hit the ground. Mouth agape, the crimson flood dripped from his lips, as he was now too dazed to say anything.

More bones had broken, which was predictable seeing as he was originally skeletal-like. The guard didn't pause any longer, he continued to punch and kick the motionless form on the ground. This continued for a little while, the only sounds being the continuous hits that were landed.

Behind the oblivious guard, who still wasn't sated, an elegant form approached. "What is the meaning of this?"

Not caring so much for the boy on the ground as he did for the mess that was being made outside of his home, ChuntaoLing came to a stop in the arch of the doorway. He wore long robes which were tailored perfectly to his tall frame. Yellow seemed to be the dominating colour of the Chuntao family, a fitting one for such an intellectual and loyal family. Even though the man himself was not as bulky as the ruffian in front of him, he still possessed an air of intimidation.

ChuntaoLing had learned not to underestimate anyone, from his many years of experience, so he neither urged nor stopped the guard in front of him. His dark eyes just stared, awaiting an explanation.

"Master ChuntaoLing!" The guard jumped back, his bare fists dripping blood as he turned to face the owner of the estate. "This scum is Shu Ning, the very same one that abused your granddaughter." The guard withheld the urge to spit.

ShuNing, whose vision was going in and out of focus, rolled his head in the direction of the man he wished to meet. He could only just see the elder fellow's fleeting dark expression. It was then replaced by one of contemplation.

"Master Chuntao," ShuNing choked then spluttered on his own blood ", why would I come here if I truly had touched ChuntaoMei?"

"You dare call the Young Mistress a liar?"

When the guard intended to throw another heavy kick, ShuNing closed his eyes. Even though he was deliberately acting like a pitiful victim, he truly was in pain. It took everything he had just to force out those words.

"Stop."

ShuNing slowly opened his eyes, to see a foot very close to his face. He took in a breath as the owner of the limb stepped back when ordered. ShuNing, who was a bloody mess, looked up and watched as ChuntaoLing took a few paces forward, regarded him for a few moments before turning around and heading inside of the estate walls.

"Bring him in," he paused to glance back at the guard, "and no more injuries..for now."

The guard only grinned in response, looking to ShuNing sadistically. Of course, this man believed that the head of the Chuntao family wanted the severely wounded ShuNing brought in for further torture, completely oblivious of the older man's elaborate thoughts.

In the end, ShuNing was dragged from the ground and thrust through the threshold of the Chuntao-family Estate.

It was an architecturally-outstanding building. Truly befitting of this family, who were themselves once cherished by the late Xe Leader. As for the reason why, it was because ChuntaoLing was once his advisor. An advisor who was highly respected and widely known for his intellect.

As the Late Xe Leader, the current Xe Leader's father, had many children vying to become his successor, ChuntaoLing's every word was appreciated. The Chuntao elder had the ability to see through any person's facade; which came in handy for one particular son of the Late Xe Leader.