(Cicero) Insanity Unbridled Part 3

"We used to spend time around trees like this in Cyrodiil, just you and me. All our worries unnoticed and uncared for once" she smiled, looking at Cicero.
They were far away from the noisy streets of Whiterun now. They sat under a massive tree just outside the Sanctuary, huddled close to each other, her back resting on his chest as his arms surrounded her protectively. Sometimes Cicero would fiddle with (y/n)'s tresses, earning a laugh from her. "We can be like that again my sweet" Cicero smiled, gently placing a kiss on her cheek
"I'm sure we can" she giggled "I'm not leaving Skyrim so soon now that I found you" she turned around and faced him, holding his hands in hers "Cicero, you have no idea how lonely I had become, I had to face an unhappy world out there with a smile on my face... I absolutely hated it" she sighed "but now that I have found you, I have nothing to worry about" she grinned.
Cicero returned her smile and gently brushed her cheek. But it was all a guise, in his mind he knew that the moment she turned her back to him, she had sacrificed it all. "I'm so glad to hear that my dear" he replied, chuckling in a low voice "so long has it been since Cicero held his sweetest of heart close to him, let him embrace you and kiss your worries goodbye" he whispered gently as he neared her, while she was entranced by him and wanted nothing more but to be his again. Slowly the jester's arm snaked around her waist, while he gently put her head on his shoulder. "These beautiful locks of yours haven't changed, so soft" he muttered as he ran his fingers through her hair. Setting aside her long hair from her back he muttered "don't want them to be hurt now" he produced the same poison coated dagger from his sleeve. Cicero took a deep breath and traced the blade slightly on her back, but as he was about to stab her... he stopped. Grief, regret, and disgust overcame his anger and he pulled back from the embrace.
(Y/n) looked at him, confused and worried as the jester stood up. She wondered what was going on. (Y/n) too, stood up and walked towards him "what's the matter?" she asked
"Cicero didn't bring (y/n) here to reminisce the beautiful past we had" he replied "no... no" his voice appeared raspy as if he was about to cry "no! He had bought his sweetest to kill her" he shouted and threw the poisonous blade on the ground.
(Y/n) gasped when she saw the poison tainted steel caused the grass around it to wither away "...why?" she muttered "Did you not love me? Were your words just that? Words?" tears began to trickle down her eyes.
Cicero gasped and turned around, walking towards her and holding her shoulders he said "no" he muttered "poor Cicero loved you more than anything in this world" he spoke in a rather somber manner but soon after his expression twisted into anger "before she left him for her selfish purposes!" He shouted.
Cicero smoothed his expressions when he saw (y/n) looking at him with fear "no, no, no please don't cry" he cupped her face in his hands "poor Cicero feels guilty... he feels like a monster, don't cry my sweetest" Cicero looked like he was about to cry.
"Cicero had become insane when he saw his sweetheart leave, he couldn't bear her departure..." Cicero looked away from her and clenched his head "you are right, Cicero is a monster... he deserves to be punished, hanged, became food of a hundred wolves. Yes he deserves the worst!" Cicero took his steps back from her "please leave before he does something terrible, he won't be able to forgive himself" tears began to run down his cheeks.
(Y/n) couldn't believe what she had just heard, he had become so lost in his grief of losing her that he had gone mad. All this just for her?. She wept bitterly and wrapped her arms around him "I won't leave Cicero, you don't deserve to be punished. I deserve punishment, the worst of it" she sobbed "so much suffering for me and I hadn't even noticed it, you love me so dearly but I failed to love you" she refused to let go of him.
Cicero embraced her back, trying to calm her down "please... don't cry" he whispered
"Let me stay with you, give me another chance my dear Cicero, I wish to correct my wrongs" she looked at him, her eyes glistening with tears.
Cicero smiled and wiped her tears away, kissing her forehead gently "(y/n) doesn't need to apologize, Cicero is happy that she decided to stay... don't leave him again, please?"
To his answer, she smiled and embraced him "never, I belong with you..."