Chapter 11

(3rd Person)

Currently, (Y/N) was sitting on the empty side of his bed, arms crossed with one leg crossed over the other. Behind him was Xuelan, eyes closed as she was in a peaceful sleep, (Y/N) meanwhile was in deep thought about what just happened, Ignis specifically stated that Ophis wasn't watching when they first fought... was that a lie? After all, Ophis showed up the second their backs were turned.

He couldn't concentrate fully since his rook piece was currently recovering from her attacks. Luckily Asia was home when they got there, this meant that Xuelan's fatal injuries would be healed by Asia and then she'd rest whilst everyone else used anything they could to help Xuelan recover faster... in the end they were able to save Xuelan's life however she was going to be out of action for a while considering Ophis delivered one hell of a thrashing to Xuelan.

A knock on the door caught (Y/N)'s attention, he didn't even bother to acknowledge it as he kept staring out the window at the still night sky, the door opened and (Y/N) could hear footsteps making their way over to him. Then, from the corner of his eye he could see a familiar patch of long red hair make its way next to him, silently taking a seat beside (Y/N). Again he didn't even look over to acknowledge her presence.

Rias: I'm sorry...

(Y/N): For what?

Rias: If I had arrived earlier, I would've been able to help... but I'm still mad at you, y'know?

(Y/N): Why are you mad at me?

Rias: Because (Y/N) (L/N). You scared me to death... when I heard from Tsubaki that Kiba, Issei and Koneko had gone to find excalibur, as well as fight that deranged priest I was angry. But then, I heard you were also involved and that you were fighting an enemy with the exact same powers as you... I feared the worst, I practically sprinted all the way to the location, I was too angry, frightened and worried to even think of using magic to get there.

(Y/N) once again used his eyes to stare at Rias without turning his head, he saw her hands were on each side of her, gripping the bedsheets as if her life depended on it... her eyes were sparkling while (Y/N) was slightly surprised at seeing tiny droplets falling from Rias' eyes.

Rias: You have no idea, none whatsoever of how much I wanted to kill the person who had hurt you... I was so worried about you, that I didn't care about anything other than your safety. Many people claim I don't really love you, but, you have no idea how much I do (Y/N). I'm... I'm sorry if my behaviour's been forceful, arrogant or even difficult. It's just... this is the first time I've ever been in love (Y/N), I... I'm scared.

(Y/N): What's so scary about that exactly?

Rias: I'm scared that I'll accidentally push you away! Ok!? I'm scared that me being a devil is stopping some sort of relationship from happening. I'm scared that you'll... carry out your dream, and kill everyone... including me...

(Y/N):......

Rias: I'm scared of my first time being in love... stupid, right? I'm being forceful, because I want to make sure you don't...

(Y/N): Enough Rias.

Rias gasped in surprise, both because (Y/N) suddenly spoke and because his hand was now grasping her shoulder. His eyes now finally staring right at her, the intensity was enough to make Rias almost shrink in fear.

(Y/N): There's one thing you need to know if you're to be someone, more specifically a devil who's not going to die by me... yet. And that's no matter what anyone, not even Asia says: I'm not abandoning my goal, dream, whatever you want to call it. My life was ruined by your kind, many have tried, Asia and Issei are the two biggest ones who've tried it and they're never going to succeed. If you think that just because you're coming to me in tears about your first love that I'll stop my dream, you're gonna have to try a lot harder than that...