Chapter Three: Diagon Alley

Edited: I'm cringing at my younger self. It's only a year or so different but I sound so stupid and my writing is trash. I'm so sorry you had to read what I wrote before.

Disclaimer: I sadly still do not own any of the brilliant Harry Potter books or movies.

A/N: I'll admit it I didn't think that last chapter would be that long but from what I've been writing now I'm just going to plan for longer chapters. Enjoy!!

Third POV

Harry tore his eyes away from the blond and noticed a tall woman with a bob haircut walking towards him.

"Hogwarts robes, dear?" The lady asked sweetly. Harry nodded and she beckoned him to follow her towards an empty pedestal next to a certain blonde. Harry looked at his feet waiting for the lady until a small but confident voice drew his attention from his tattered shoes.

"Hello."
Harry looked to meet silver eyes. "Hi."

"I'm Draco. Draco Malfoy."

"Harry." A blonde eyebrow rose expectantly. " Just Harry."

"Oh ok," Draco seemed to fumble over his words. "Hogwarts right?"

"Yeah."

"I'm hoping to get into Slytherin house, you?"

"I don't really know the houses." Draco seemed surprised and hastily informed the confused Harry.

"Well, the Sorting Hat at Hogwarts puts the student into a certain house that they will stay in for all seven years of the schooling. The four houses, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor, were named after the four founders of the houses Helga Hufflepuff, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Godric Gryffindor. Each house has its own specific set of traits that determine one's place. If you are cunning and ambitious you'll be put in Slytherin, brave and daring Gryffindors, honest and loyal Hufflepuffs and the diligent and wise Ravenclaws." Draco took a comically big breath of air that caused Harry to let out a light giggle. Draco smiled he'd have to get Harry to smile more often.

"I don't really think I fit into any of those categories," Harry said glumly.

"Don't worry the Sorting Hat will place you where you belong," Draco said brightly trying to cheer up Harry. At this point, Madame Malkin had started to take Draco's measurements.

"How do you know?" Harry asked suddenly.

Draco looked a bit startled before replying, "What do you mean?"

Harry flushed, "Well you said Slytherin so how do you know Slytherin?" A look of realization passed of Draco's features.

"My entire family has been placed in Slytherin so it's only right for me to be placed there too." By now Draco's measurements have been taken and Madame Malkin is moving onto Harry.

"Right now you turn dea- oh" she stopped talking as she spotted Nigrum and Anguis still twisting lazily around Harry's upper body. "Dearie would you be able to move your snakes please for me." Harry cheeks turned a light pink and nodded his head.

~ Nigrum, Anguis would you please move down towards my feet so the lady can take my measurements~ Harry asked the pair politely.

~ Of course, Master Harry~ They reply in unison. Harry smiled fondly and looked up to see the shocked faces of Draco and Madame Malkin.

"You're a Parselmouth?" Draco asked incredulously. Harry nodded and raised his arms to allow Madame to work. "Wow that's cool, I've never met anyone who could do that."

Harry smiled. "I just learned today"

"How?" Harry shifted uncomfortably his brain working a mile a minute on how to stay friends with Draco.