18. miff

"ARE YOU READY?"

NO

A loud booming noise followed as a large gate opened on the side of the stadium. Immediately kids rushed forward, I paled. Were they seriously making us race? WHO THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A BUNCH OF ANGRY TEENS RACE EACH OTHER WHILE USING THEIR POTENTIALLY VERY DANGEROUS QUIRKS?

I almost didn't do anything. There was no way my quirk was going to be helpful in this situation, it was definitely something better suited for helping out other people.

"Dumbass what are you doing?!" A loud, angry voice shouted from ahead of me. I blinked my eyes meeting Bakugo's crimson ones that were burning with some kind of indescribable rage. Moments later a rough calloused hand latched onto me and pulled me forward.

Bakugo pulled me onto his back and started blasting forward.

Ok we're doing this.

"Are you going to help or not?" He barked out as we went flying over other students. "You're so fucking heavy." He groaned. I snapped out of my confusion.

"Maybe if you stopped drinking so much N/D you would be healthier!" I retorted activating my power to give him more strength.

"MAYBE IF YOU STOPPED DRINKING SO MUCH F/D AND STARTED EXERCISING YOU WOULD BE LIGHTER." He scoffed dodging Todoroki's ice. He had a point but I wasn't going to lose this argument.

"F/D IS GOOD YOU HAVE HORRIBLE TASTE." I waved my arm dramatically.

"BULLSHIT." He yelled back dropping to the ground. We had just gotten to the next obstacle tightropes stretched in between large rock pillars that shot up out of a ravine. Bakugo didn't hesitate to start launching himself across.

"IN FACT I WOULD GO AS FAR TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE BAD TASTES IN EVERYTHING." I didn't hesitate to continue our argument. He grumbled and sent off another explosion pushing us forward. I activated my quirk again and lowered Todoroki's who was in the lead currently. His ice stopped for a brief second almost sending him flying.

"Shit taste in girls?" He asked smirking.

"YES-" Suddenly everything was very quiet. "Hey, Bakugo?"

"Yes?"

"I take that back."

"That's nice."

We jolted forward flying over the next obstacle. A minefield. I did not want to explode. I dropped the control on Todoroki and focused all my power into supporting Bakugo. We went flying.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?" He coughed out smoke seeping out of his hands.

"I DONT KNOW??" I shrieked back, we were dangerously low to the ground.

"KEEP ON DOING IT." That was not the response I was expecting. Suddenly Todoroki appeared beside us, I glanced over at him as he sped ahead. I leaned down wrapping my arms around Bakugo.

"Let's get him," I whispered in his ear. Bakugo smirked blasting ahead trying to push Todoroki into the minefield. Almost immediately I was hit with a chunk of ice, I felt my grip on Bakugo shift and my body start to slide off. Bakugo grabbed me roughly and shoved me back on.

"That little-" Bakugo and Todoroki started a war. I just let it happen. We were so far ahead that it didn't really matter.

BANG.

Midoriya appeared from behind us slamming a large metal door down on the minefield. I paled as the ground started to explode. Midoriya shot ahead leaving us to try and escape the explosions. We shot forward trying desperately to catch up with Midoriya.

I felt Bakugo drop and skid to a halt at the end of the finish line. Second place.

Second place.

Second place!

"Shitty Deku." Someone was not happy about our place. Bakugo stood hunched over staring at Midoriya like he had just killed someone. Thank god he wasn't doing anything.

I'm actually an idiot. Stop thinking things Y/N just stop.

Bakugo stood up walking over to Midoriya fuming. I started in horror as he opened his mouth to scream something. Midoriya turned around an innocent unknowing smile on his face.

"Kacchan!" He beamed looking up at the fuming blond.

"Fuc-" I rushed over slapping a hand over his mouth and leading him away. I didn't need this right now. SECOND PLACE WAS GOOD. WHAT DID THIS IDIOT BOY NOT UNDERSTAND.

"What the hell Y/N I was about to put that shitty nerd in his place." He muttered when I removed my hand. I felt anger building up inside me. Why was he like this?

"You have to stop being so mean." Ok, that came out weaker than I wanted but it got the point across. Bakugo looked down on me a strange expression on his face.

A minute passed.

"WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ARGUMENT IS THAT." He was laughing. A strange smile on his face. It looked so genuine. But that was besides the point HE WAS LAUGHING THAT WAS NOT THE POINT I WANTED TO MAKE.

"Hey this isn't funny." I protested. He looked at me still laughing I glanced at him and found myself laughing to. We both stood there amongst a crowd of kids laughing.

"You sure it isn't funny." He choked out, I nodded aggressively.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY." Tears built up in the corner of my eyes.

"ALL STUDENTS GATHER FOR THE NEXT EVENT!" A loud voice belonging to Uncle Yamada called out over the loudspeaker. Bakugo and I made our way toward the stadium still laughing.

"N/D sucks by the way." I joked dashing away from the blond who immediately lunged forward. As I dashed away I only heard one thing.

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR DRINK TASTES."

_________________
I GOT STUNG BY A JELLYFISH TODAY
IT WAS PRETTY AND RED LOOKIE

_________________I GOT STUNG BY A JELLYFISH TODAYIT WAS PRETTY AND RED LOOKIE

I WUV IT.

IN OTHER NEWS I STARTED SKOOL

-Ai