Chapter 20

Christian's POV

It took about a week after the game for things to finally calm down at school. Keegan and I had become a big topic at school, seeing as everyone found out about our relationship when he came in wearing my jersey. Surprisingly, though, not many people had anything to say about it, or if they did, the football team was quick to shut them up. Another surprise; the entire team was really supportive of everything we did. They even gave Keegan his own jersey to wear for our games (He refuses to wear it, seeing as it says 'team Christian,' but it's okay; he can just wear mine instead). 

Of course, I took advantage of this. I took every chance I could to hang out with Keegan; holding his hand in the hallway, a kiss during lunch - anything I could do to be close to him. He didn't seem to mind, though. He would smile and swing our arms between us as we walked to lunch or between classes. 

As for Nick, he stayed away from us. He still hung out with me during practice, but conversations were minimal, save for a few greetings here and there. I felt bad for the guy, really, but it's not like I could do anything to help him. I don't even know his dad. I knew Keegan felt as bad as I did, so I would squeeze his hand, giving him a small smile when he would stare at Nick. "Don't worry, he's a tough guy." I'd reassure him.

Keegan would only nod.

---

On the weekends, Keegan would come over to hang out with Mom and I. She quite enjoyed having him over, because she finally had someone to talk to who wouldn't "roll their eyes every time I say something Mom-ish," as she said it.

And Keegan was happy being there. His mom went back to work after her mandatory break, but promised him she wouldn't as much. His brother, Josh, was there from time to time, but was spending more and more time with his girlfriend. 

"And you know," Mom was talking to Keegan about one of her favorite topics - me. "He really was a lot cuter as a kid."

"Really?"

"Of course! I've got some albums upstairs, let me just go-"

"Mom!" I groaned at her from where I sat on the couch. 

She pursed her lips. "What? He wants to see them!"

Keegan hid behind Mom, an anxious look on his face. "No... It's fine."

Mom looked at him. "Fine. You probably see more than enough of him every day anyway. I'm sure you like him better now, too." She chuckled. 

Keegan smiled, glancing in my direction. I grinned back. I knew we were thinking the same thing; Moms. His mom had interrogated me last weekend, asking if we had anymore games this year that she could see, and if there was any chance the mothers of the players' boyfriends get discounts on tickets. Mom turned her attention to me. "Have you thought about the college football scholarships any?"

"Scholarships?" Keegan tilted his head. "You've already gotten offers?"

Before I could speak, Mom's prideful look showed up; she was in full on mom mode now. "Yes, he has! Colleges all over the country have asked him to send in an application and join their football team. Isn't that amazing!"

I blushed, but Keegan's face had gone pale. 

---

"Are you gonna continue football?"

I glanced up from where I sat on the floor of my room to Keegan, who was curled up on my bed, clutching my pillow to his chest as he leaned his head against it. I tilted my head. "Dunno. I guess so. Why?"

Keegan shrugged. I stood up, climbing onto the bed to sit with him. "What's wrong?"

"I... I don't want you to leave."

"Leave?"

"If... If you join a football team, you have to go with them to fight other teams."

I chuckled. Fight? "Well, yes, but don't worry. I'll just take you with me."

"But, I can't-"

I cut him off, giving him a serious look. "Then you'll stay and wait for me, and I'll make sure to tell everyone around the world that you belong to me, and that no one can take you away from me."

Keegan, flustered, leaned against my chest. "Really?"

"Yes, really."

Keegan gripped my shirt in his hands, and I rubbed his back. I leaned my head on his, loving the feeling of having him in my arms. He fit perfectly, and I wanted him to stay there forever. 

Yeah, I'm never letting this guy go.