Chapter Twenty-Five: Webs, Wizards, Wanda, and Weirdos

"Come on, kid. We don't have all day." Tony crossed his arms. "If we want help in this war, we have to leave now."

"Okay, okay." Peter rolled his eyes, handing Tony his notebook. "Why can't we just have Stephen portal us there?"

"He has a point," Rhodey said. "We don't need to take your fancy jets everywhere now that wizard dude is here."

Tony scowled. "Fine."

"Can I help?" Peter asked hopefully.

Stephen flipped his cloak, turning to the boy. "I don't need help."

"Come on, please? I wanna know how to do the magic portal thing," Peter whined.

Stephen glanced over. "Oh, alright." Stephen stretched out his shaking hands, showing Peter how to turn them in a circle while meditating.

   "I got a spark!" Peter said excitedly

Stephen smiled. "Yes, you did." He flipped over Peter's sling ring, which he had on upside down.

"Any day now," Tony complained.

Stephen rolled his eyes. "Why don't you say we just call it a day and go through mine? Okay, Peter? I can't listen to Squak-box complain any longer."

Peter halfheartedly laughed, sad to leave his sparky magic training behind. "Yeah... okay." He turned around again. "Hey... can you do that boom boom whoosh thing with your magic and cloak again?"

   "I physically cannot handle looking through time to count the amount of times I've done that for you."

   "Please?" Bucky joined in.

   Stephen sighed, rolling his eyes. "Okay," he said, doing it.

   "Wooooooooow." Peter and Bucky gazed at Stephen in awe.

   Steve had a look of what almost seemed to be remorse on his face.

   "You married him," Wanda said.

   "That I did." A smile tugged at Steve's lips.
———————————————————
Stephen and Wong each made portals, and Wanda floated the avengers through them like a conveyer belt.

Peter popped out the other side. "Woah," he said, looking at the foreign planet around him.

   "Who the hell are you guys?" Came a deep voice, hidden behind a silver mask with red eyes. There was brown hair poking out the top.