Thirty Nine

It was beautiful, the gown Namjoon had picked out.

It was red, a color that usually looked great on me. It was a sweetheart neckline, but had small "sleeves" on the sides to give it same look as Belle's dress in "Beauty and the Beast." It was low cut, showing off a good amount of my cleavage, but I didn't mind much. The skirt fell down around me in a slight ball gown shape. It wasn't an overwhelmingly large skirt, but an elegant, laid back version, that still looks just as grand. Along the whole dress were decorative red beads that made the whole thing have texture. The dress was perfect, I looked beautiful.

But that wasn't really what I was focusing on at the moment.

"I think this necklace will look great with it," Madeline appears at my side, holding a thick silver necklace up to my neck. I nod, not saying a word, still reeling from the scene I'd witnessed with her and Yoongi.

Madeline gives me a knowing look but doesn't say anything, unclamping the necklace and placing it around my neck. When she's done I touch the cool metal and sigh.

Today was supposed to be happy. Yet here I am, thinking about stupid things I cant change.

I cant change him.

"Ara?" Madeline snaps her fingers in front of my face. I jump at the suddenness but realize she'd done it because I had zoned out. "Okay," She sighs. "I wasn't going to say anything, but you seem very off, what's wrong?" She sits on the edge of my bed, patting the spot next to her.

I hesitate at first, not sure if I should go over to her. But in the end I hike up my dress slightly and make my way over, plopping down next to her.

"I'm overwhelmed," I say, trying to decide exactly what I should tell her.

"I think I know why," She sighs, looking down at her hands. I look down too and notice a silver bracelet on her wrist. I feel like crying when I see the initials 'M.Y' on it.

"I'm sure you don't," I assure her awkwardly, looking away.

"You have feelings for Yoongi," she smirks. "But you think you're still in love with Taehyung," she continues. "And Jungkook, he may have been nothing at first but he's creeping up on you."

My mouth falls open in shock and my eyes go as wide as can be. Madeline just smiles at me, amused by my shocked expression.

"I'm more observant than you may think," She winks. "Can I give you some advice?" She asks hesitantly. I nod carefully, wondering what she could possibly say.

"Don't do anything about it right now," She says. I furrow my brow and she continues. "You're confused, and bringing up your feelings, or their feelings, to any of them, will just make everything worse. Figure out how you feel first," she gives me a side smile. "They may get upset that you're distant or you're not as crazy about them as before but it'll be for the best. When you figure it out, then you can continue as normal. Don't try and force yourself to pretend like everything is okay."

I sit silently a moment, taking in everything she had just said. I have to admit it, she was giving good advice. As much as her relationship with Yoongi made me resent the girl, she really had done nothing wrong.

"Okay I'm not trying to be biased but," she adds suddenly. "Yoongi is a great guy, no matter how much of an asshole he is. He's afraid, that's why he's how he is with you," she takes my hand in hers. "He's afraid to get hurt again, and so he tries to push you away."

"Yeah well," I sigh. "What about you two?" I finally ask the thing I'd been dying to ask.

"Do you know what we were doing before we walked in on you, Namjoon, and Jungkook?" She asks me and I shake my head. "Arguing," she cracks a smile. "About you."