14

FOURTEEN

"WHAT DID HE WANT?"

"WHAT DID HE WANT?"

Leaning on the door she sighed and said "He wanted to talk."

With a worried face he grabs her face netting eyes "It's okay Maisy, I'm here now."

Nodding she holds his forearms and pecks his cheek. For once she felt free, showing Micheal the papers and he finally took them made her feel alive again.

She only hoped that he would sign them.

"Mais?" Looking into those caramel brown eyes she saw something in them. Desire.

"Don't be mad when I do this, okay?" He gently caresses her cheek, leaning in their lips finally touch.

Maisy wanted more, she grabbed the back of his neck as he pushed her petite body closer to him.

Micheal stares at the document. He did not want to sign the papers, he would do anything for her but sign those damn papers.

But, he knew if he was going to be able to talk to her and see Mason daily he needed to do it. He just didn't have it in him.

Walking to his wall sized window he looked out into the city. It soothes him.

With a sigh he turns, grabs his pen and does something he hopefully won't regret.

Last night was hard for him. He did what she finally wanted him to do, he signed the papers.

They were no longer husband and wife, that hurt him a lot. He felt as if he was being stabbed in the heart over and over again.

But, he had to do what had to be done in order to see his son and her. So he texted her in the night to meet him at the same cafe they met at the first time they saw each other after two years.

Hearing the familiar sound of the jingle he looked up and saw her beautiful face. Oh how he missed it.

Maisy saw him immediately the small cafe was not too packed. Slowly taking her seat she look at the papers on the table.

She was surprised he actually went through with it. Maisy for sure thought he would fight her once more.

"Maisy."

Looking up she looks at the man in front of her. "Thank you for signing the papers Micheal."

With a sad smile he says "Yeah, no problem." he continues "I um-I want Mason to stay with me for a weekend."

Raising her eyebrows she holds her face in her hand where her elbow rest on the wooden table "Sure he can stay with you this weekend."

Surprised Micheal says "Really?"

Letting a smile come across her face she explains with a sigh "Yeah, he deserves to know his father." She rest both hands on the table picking at her nails.

"Oh, thank you Mais." He puts his large hand on top of hers but, Maisy quickly removes her hand from his.

"Not yet Micheal."

"Sorry." He says dimly.

Maisy grabs her purse from the table and gets up and Micheal copies her movements "I have to get going they need me at the office."

Nodding he says "Okay, thank you Maisy."

"Yeah." She says in a faint whisper turing around and exiting the cafe.

Micheal once again felt lonely, he already missed her.

He was going to get her back and that was a promise.

[E D I T E D]✔️
A/n
So sorry for being inactive. I've been having major writing block and school is hard, I have to make an outline in history for 42 pages, it's crazy. I will try and be more active! PRETTY PLEASE FOLLOW AND VOTE!

Question: Do you guys want Micheal and Maisy to get back together? (COMMENT HERE)

lmao.

120 V O T E S F O R N E X T C H A P T E R!