11: Decision

All the ministers and high-ranking officers of Pyracea were seated comfortably in their seats as the newly appointed minister of warfare, Park Jimin discussed their plans for the upcoming battle. They had come to the mutual decision of not allowing Tiara to participate in the war by declaring it was in the princess's best interest.

But deep down Tiara knew they desired to suppress her not for her safety but because they feared her ability.

'A woman possessing powers superior to that of men,' always had bothered the proud lords. They saw the princess as a threat, claiming women were emotional creatures and therefore, shouldn't be allowed to wield such power. And unfortunately, Tiara had proved them right by losing her control after her elder brother's death.

For the entire meeting, Tiara had her head down staring numbly at the floor unsatisfied with their decision of restricting her training as well. She wanted to scream but she had lost her right to protest given that she was responsible for killing her people in the last rampage.

Jimin occasionally gave her a concerned glance but in his heart, he felt relieved knowing he didn't have to worry about her getting hurt in war anymore.

Tiara hated the war and conflict, but, being a worthless princess wasn't her motive either. She wished to defend her younger brother and for that, she needed to grow stronger but all her plans were crushed by men that envied her.

"Don't worry I will protect you and Kookie" Jimin rubbed her back but instead of getting a smile of gratitude, he got the deadliest glare he had ever seen.

After the meeting ended, Tiara stomped away from Jimin's side into her chamber and attempted to slam the door but Jimin caught the door before she could.

"Leave" She hissed at him.

"What did I do now?" Jimin forcibly got into her room and questioned her in confusion.

"That's what, you didn't do anything but agree on the decision made by those idiots like a coward" She exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air.

"The decisions that were taken were for your own good, princess" Jimin folded his arms and stated calmly.

"No, it was not! they want me to be a useless princess and do what they want like a puppet. They want to take away my power because they fear me. They are afraid of me." She was screaming trying her best not to burst into tears.

"And the people I thought would speak on my behalf kept their mouths shut agreeing with everything those fuckers said." Her heart constricted remembering how even her father didn't speak a word on her behalf when the declaration of sealing her mana was made.

"Or do you see me as a threat too? How ironic I'm a monster even for the monsters" She laughed a laugh with no humor.

Jimin's expression darkened hearing her referring to all of the creatures of the dark as monsters.

"Is it the effect of the human boy that you are seeing your own kind as monsters?" Tiara's orbs went wide realizing he knows her little secret.

"Don't you think you are acting selfishly Princess" he sneered at her then continued. 

"If you were able to control your power and not killed your own people then this day would never come" every word that came out of his mouth pierced her heart making her knees go weak and she lost her balance and fell down on her butt in her bed.

Jimin's eyes immediately went soft at her broken state but she had equally hurt his sentiments by referring to their kind as monsters and meeting her human boy frequently behind his back. It was evident every time she returned home with the scent of a human boy lingering in her body.  Every time the girl he was promised to marry lied to him with a straight face, his heart shredded to pieces and yet he kept his mouth shut for her shake. Nevertheless, the truth that her powers were dangerous for the people around her couldn't be denied. Plus, It wasn't the first time her power had gone out of her hands and harmed people around her. They were right she was dangerous.

Recognizing his mistake, Jimin hastened beside Tiara and took her into his embrace. He felt guilty for opening his mouth though most were bitter truths that needed to be conveyed.

"I'm sorry " He held her closer but didn't get any response from Tiara.

Just after the declaration was passed, the council sealed her power and she could no longer use her crystal element or her inhuman strength. On top of that, the council restricted her freedom because Jimin reported about her friendship with the human boy and for months she could not visit Spring.

Subsequent to another meeting where her wedding with Lord Jimin was discussed to be postponed, Tiara finally found an opportunity to sneak out of the palace.  Hoping she would get some sense of peace in Tae's company she used the portal she had placed on the tree near the cliff to reach the Spring. 

She strolled around the beautiful place trying to distract herself from things that were exhausting her mentally. Occupied with her thoughts she failed to perceive an enraged man marching his way toward her. An aggressive jerk brought her back to reality and she faced a very angry-looking Taehyung. He looked like a werewolf in rage, and his glare made her shiver from the core.

"Where were you all these days?" His vicious narrowed eyes penetrated into her feared face. When he didn't get any response his expression got more threatening.

"I asked you something?" He yelled right in her face making her flinch.

"I...I" Tiara could not come up with words as she looked into his dark eyes.

"Tell me dammit" he yanked her away putting some space between them. Tiara never felt this scared looking into the eyes of a man. She swore she could feel every foil of hair in her body raising terror.

Taehyung flipped his hair walking to and forth trying to contain his anger.

"Do you even have the slightest idea how worried I was for you? I waited for hours every single day for you. I couldn't bring myself to leave thinking what if...what if you might come right after I leave" He again grabbed both her arms violently and slammed her against his body.

"Why did it take you so long to come to me?" Looking into her scared eyes knocked some senses on him but he didn't let her go instead he wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled on her neck.

"Why are you driving me so crazy Tia? I can't stop thinking about you, I hate the fact that you can mess up with my mind so easily" His husky voice breathed in her ears.

Tiara's skin tingled wherever their body had made contact, Her heart was hammering so hard that she thought it might fly out. In his arms, she felt as though she was in a dangerous fire, yet completely safe at the same time.

Tiara gradually lifted her hand and slowly hugged him back. Finally having her back in his arms he felt like he could breathe again.

********************

I really appreciate you all for giving your precious time to read this book.

I hope you all are enjoying it and you are free to ask me anything you want.

So guys whom do you ship yourself with (Tiara)????

Team Kookie

Team Taehyung

Team Jimin