o20

C H A P T E RT W E N T Y

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y

My nervousness dissolved into delight when Jeno placed jams of breadspread on the kitchen counter.

The place was cozier than I expected, which reminded me of my old home. Technologies were kept at minimun since Mark clarified that it may attract the cyborgs or whatnot. Hence, the place was built mostly of wooden structures.

"How would you like your Cherrytarts?" Jeno asked no one in particular. "Sugary or creamy? Put the pie on top, or at the bottom?"

I never asked him about Jaemin yet, whether he saw him at the Dome or not. If he did, then I'm impressed how he even managed to smile right now.

"You know mine," Donghyuck said.

"I'm not asking you. I'm asking Sooji and-"

"Excuse me but which way is my room?" Yuta said, one hand on his stomach.

I eyed his wound. They still looked severe. I chose to remain silent.

"Oh. Aren't you going to eat first?" Donghyuck asked him.

"I'm not really hungry," he answered.

"Goodie. Can I have your share then?" Donghyuck replied.

Yuta's eyes flickered. "You can have everything."

"Yes!" Two fists were raised in the air.

"That's unfair! I want more Cherrytarts too!" Chenle pouted.

"You can have half of mine if you want, Chenle," I smiled gently.

His pout disappeared. "Don't say that. I wouldn't eat yours. Your stomach needs to be full. I bet you're hungry with all the travel."

"Oh, don't worry about me."

I said and pocketed the medal in my coat. A reminder of my duty, of the burden that I would be carrying. The oath of the Champion.

Yuta's sea of eyes observed my movements. "After you're done eating, I wish to talk with you."

"Me?"

"Of course. Who else?" He said those words like he was flicking an ant off his clothes.

The line of his jaw and the beguiling curve of his lips were exactly the same as I remembered caressing and kissing. Yet I knew bone-deep that I had been wronged.