Chapter 11: Carter

My bed was looking at me with puppy dog eyes. I succumbed at its charms and jumped to it. The room was dark and I saw my phone screen lit up. A phone call.

From Ace?

God, that made me nervous as hell. I hated phone calls. Why would he call me? I thought about ignoring it, but I'd avoided him too much lately. I let out a deep breath as I calmed my nerves and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"You said you'll talk to me later. Now it's later."

I couldn't help but laugh. His voice was so sexy though.

"Right." I chuckled. I rolled on the bed to my side and put my legs on my chest.

"Why wouldn't you hang out with me?"

"Straight to the point."

"I don't like losing my time."

I sighed. "Why would I hang out with you Ace? We just have sex, that's what we do."

"We can be friends too. Can't that be a thing? You said it yourself, we're good friends." I could feel him fighting a smile through the phone.

"You wanna be friends?"

"Well, I still want to fuck you, don't cross that off from the list." He muttered quickly, and I laughed. "But yes, I think we could be friends too."

"Fine."

"Fine." He mocked me. "Are you going to my game tomorrow? You know, to support me as the good friend you are."

"Do you want me to go?"

"Yes. And if we lose or if we end up tying you can comfort me after it, just like the other day."

"Did you forget I said I'm on my period?"

"You can comfort me in other ways." He definitely smirked after that.

I chuckled. "And if you win?"

"Then we celebrate."

I smiled. "Do you have something in mind?"

"Well, apart from the evident," he cleared his throat, "I could come up with something else."

"Guay." I said slowly.

"What does that mean?"

"Cool."

"Guay." He repeated whispering.

My laugh faded as we stayed quiet for a few moments.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm on my bed."

"What are you wearing?"

"Really, Ace?"

"I'm just joking." He chuckled. "You must be wearing one of those big t-shirts that barely cover your bu-"

"Okay buddy, stop there. You're sleeping alone and I wouldn't want you to be thinking of me in that way."

"I could be sleeping with you." I was about to respond when he started speaking in a high pitched voice, "We can not sleep together Ace, it is against my religion."

I laughed hard. "First of all, I would never say that. And second of all, I don't have that accent!"

"Oh yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"You mustn't have noticed it but you haven't completely lost your accent."

"That's not true, I-"