42 | DAY FORTY-TWO

"I would have told you."
Jungkook glanced up, mouth parted in confusion.
Taehyung stood in front of him, shifting from foot to foot.
"I want to think I would have anyway," he frowned.

The photography studio was empty and isolated, save for the two of them.
Jungkook couldn't hide his smile, "Even if you hadn't, I wouldn't have let you go anyway."

Taehyung met his eyes anxiously, "You're not mad?"
Jungkook shook his head, "No. I thought I needed to let you work things out for yourself."
He paused for a second, noticing the time.

"Wait," Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed. "Aren't you supposed to be in class? I'm pretty sure you don't have a free period right now."
Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "I'm skipping. You're more important."

When their eyes locked again, neither of them could look away. Taehyung was uncomfortable at the intensity but was obviously not going to back down.

"Your lips look so lonely. Would they like to meet mine?"
Jungkook blinked. What?
"I won!" Taehyung cheered, clapping.
He was enthusiastic, excited. It was cute how easy it was for him to cheer up. But that wasn't what the younger of the two was thinking.

"You asked for it," Jungkook smirked.
"Wha-," The older started but he didn't get to finish.

Jungkook's lips has already met his before he could.