Lost Teenhood

[Y/N]'s mother and brother were gone for the movies, so she was out in dining room to eat her food before she locks herself away into her room again. She ate the burger that her mother quickly ordered for them earlier on and felt like throwing up. She didn't like fast food much, since it always had too much grease.

     She couldn't waste though, so she munched on the slimy sandwich without complaints. When she was done, she hurriedly drank a cup of water to rinse out the gross aftertaste. Then she went back into her room.

     The house was dark and silent for once, which was the way she liked it. She climbed into her bed and laid there for a bit. She didn't know what else to do, now that she had already ate and there was no school tomorrow. She also felt that playing the piano was not the time for now. Should she just go to sleep then?

     As she was about to shut her eyes and fall asleep, she heard a snap of a twig that came from outside.

    Her eyes fluttered open and she hurriedly got out of her bed. She went to her window, which faced the backyard and looked around. There was no one there.

    She shrugged and sighed. She wasn't that scared of many things, but if there were someone hiding around her house, she wouldn't like it much.

    Knowing that she couldn't try to go back to sleep now, she took out her earbuds and put them on. She went onto her phone and played some music. As she listened, it didn't stop the fact that she felt as if someone was watching her. But whenever she glanced out the window, there was nothing there. Maybe she was just being paranoid, which was weird, since she never was like that.

    She stayed on her bed, listening to music for who knows how long. Her mother and brother finally came home from the movies. Even if she hated to admit it, it got her to feel more relaxed. The feeling of being watched was also gone.

    She decided to exit her room to get away from the eeiry feeling of it, for once. She may not wanted to see her family, but it was better than staying in that room for the time being.

    The living room and the kitchen was now filled with lights. Her mother and brother were at the kitchen, so she went to sat down in the living room where the TV was on. Footsteps followed her and she sighed. Of course they would want to use this opportunity to talk to her.

    "Hey [Y/N]!" said her mother. She turned to see her mother and saw that her brother was also with her. They both sat down on the other couch.

    Asahi, her little brother also had dark hair and eyes. Except he had smiles on his face when [Y/N] did not.

    "Hi sister!" greeted Asahi. She only nodded in acknowledgment.

    "You're finally out here with us since a while," pointed out her mother. "Do you have something to talk to us about?"

    She was about to shake her head at her mother's questions, but then she remembered something. Hitoshi's basketball game this weekend.

    "I'll be gone tomorrow for a friend's basketball game," she muttered. "That's all."

    Her mother widened her eyes in surprisement. "Th-that's great! Have fun there, okay?"

    That word again....[Y/N] refrained herself from feeling angry. She stood up from her couch and walked away without answering.

    "Wa-wait!" called out Asahi. She turned around. "Uh-um....do you...want to play video games with me?"

    "No," she replied immediately. That made him flinch and look down. She ignored it and headed back to her room. She was a lost cause. She couldn't ever feel happy again. She declined her brother because she couldn't remember the last time she had played games.

     She may be the worst sister to Asahi, but there was nothing she could do.