Imagine 21 - Secret

You were at home making dinner when your husband, Rafael, finally arrived home from work.

"Hi Rafi..I missed you." You said before giving him a kiss.

"Hey." He said quietly.

"Are you okay? You sound upset?" You asked worriedly.

"Just a case at work."

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Rafael stayed silent for a minute. He looked upset, almost like he was on the verge of tears.

"We reopened a case and..."

"What is it?"

"Your name came up as the victim."

You stood there in disbelief of what you just heard. You never thought he'd find out.

"Rafael..I can explain."

Almost 5 years ago before you met Rafael, you were raped. They never caught the guy who did it.

"I'm not mad (Y/N). I just wanna know why you kept it a secret. You know you can trust me."

"I never meant for you to find out this way Rafi..I was too scared to talk about it because the more I talk and think about it...the more real it becomes...I just wanna pretend it never happened."

"I understand cariño." He said before hugging you.

"I have good news though...they finally found the guy who did it and trust me, he's going away for a long, long time." He said again.

"Really?" You asked as tears began to fill your eyes.

"Really. You're safe now."

"Thank you." You said before kissing him on the lips.