Imagine 24 - Late

During the past month your boyfriend, Sonny Carisi, had been getting home late from work. It made you anxious even though he already explained a million times it was because the squad was currently swamped with cases.

You were watching some TV when your phone began to ring. It was Sonny calling.

"Hey doll." You heard his voice say.

"Hey."

"Just gonna give you a heads up that I'm gonna be late again tonight."

"Why am I not surprised."

"I'm sorry (Y/N). You know how busy we are here down at the precinct."

"Yeah, trust me I know." You said a bit passive aggressively.

"It's clear that you care about your job way more than me." You said again.

"Look, if there was any way I could come home earlier, I definitely would (Y/N)." He said sounding a bit more frustrated this time.

"Then show me you care Dominick! You haven't done anything to prove it to me."

"(Y/N) I'm-"

His voice was cut off as you ended the call. You were too annoyed and upset to keep listening.

*Couple hour time skip*

You sat in the kitchen waiting for Sonny just like you did every night to make sure he got home safely. You felt bad for snapping at him earlier and were planning on apologizing right as he got home.

You heard the door unlock and saw Sonny come in with a rose and your favorite candy in hand.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)." He said as he handed you the gifts.

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken out my frustration on you. I understand your job's important and time consuming. It's okay."

"All is forgiven doll. I could never stay mad at you."

"Neither can I." You said before kissing his lips.

"Now let me go make it up to you upstairs and show you how much I really care."