A Study in Domesticity (Part 3)

Lena was adopted at a young age by the Luthors. They were a prominent family and the world had certain expectations that were associated with the name. Being raised by the Luthors meant Lena was raised to be the epitome of grace and composure. You must remain calm and collected at all times, you do not partake in the activities that others do because you are smarter and have better things to do, and you never let the public see you doing anything to disgrace the Luthor name. But there were things, Kara knew, that would cause Lena to forget everything she had ever been taught by them.
     "Kara!" Kara smiled as the door to her and Lena's house flung open and an ecstatic Lena came barreling through, "Kara! Did you see it?" There was only one thing that got Lena this excited, "It's snowing!" and then she did the most un-Luthor like thing ever... she squealed. Grasping onto Kara's hand, she pulled her from her seat at the table where she had been working on an article. "Come on!" Kara allowed herself to be dragged out the door and into the snow.
     The flakes were coming down in large chunks coating every surface they touched. The ground was coated in a thick layer obscuring everything beneath it, and the air had a bite to it, not that Kara could tell. As the snow fell it landed in Lena's hair, disrupting the curtain of black. Kara watched Lena as she stood with her eyes closed, head tilted to the sky, and as she stuck her tongue out to catch the snow on her tongue.
     Kara let her have her moment, but she couldn't wait any longer so the words spilled from her mouth in an excited shout, "Snowball fight!" Kara didn't give Lena a chance to react before she was running to the other side of the yard to grab a handful of snow.
     "You do realize you just challenged the world's most competitive genius to a snowball fight, right?" Lena laughed as she crouched where she was to create a small pile of ammo.
     "You do realize I'm a Kryptonian right?"
     "You're on."
     The first hit was Kara's, she had hit Lena in the back while she wasn't looking. The next hit was Lena's though, hitting Kara directly in the face because she was too distracted by a man walking his dog down the street.
     "It was a corgi, Lena!"
     "And this is a snowball, Kara!" Lena shouted as she managed to land another.
     The battle raged on with no clear winner in sight. Kara was good at using math to calculate just how to throw the snowball, but then Lena decided to use the more effective method of "distract Kara by being seductive".
     "Kara, I'm getting cold," Lena pouted, rubbing her arms to emphasize her point.
     Kara dropped the snowball she was about to throw and gathered Lena into her arms instead, not noticing the object hidden behind Lena's back, "Here, this'll warm you up."
     "I can think of other ways to get warmed up," Lena pulled back to look up at Kara, smirking when she saw Kara's blank face. Even after all this time, Kara still short-circuited every time Lena flirted with her. Now was her chance. Lena took a step away from Kara, then smashed the snowball she had been hiding directly into Kara's face causing the blonde to jump away in surprise.
     "I win!" she gloated, watching as Kara swiped the powder off her face.
     "Oh, you're in for it now," the blonde growled, even as her lips curled up into a smile.
     "Really? What do you plan on doing?" Lena raised an eyebrow at Kara.
     "You'll see." She rushed at Lena, scooping her into her arms causing the brunette to shriek in surprise, but then dissolve into giggles as she was carted back inside to 'warm up'.