Chapter 20. The Werewolf Royals

I studied the gorgeous man in front of me. He was too handsome. He had icy blue eyes, chiselled jaw, perfect nose and plump lips. I was so busy observing him that I didn't even realise that I was staring at him!

"Like what you see?"

His voice startled me dragging me out of my thoughts. I moved back abruptly from his embrace.

"Sorry, who are you? And I wasn't committing suicide! I just tripped off the cliff" I retorted.

"That's good." He said grinning then paused in middle thinking about something before finishing his statement."Well, my name is Daniel...Rodriguez."

Did he say, Rodriguez?
I have heard the name somewhere. Uncle Aaron use to tell about the Rodriguez. I tried to reminisce who it referred to. And then like a light bulb, it lit my head. No, he couldn't be him....

"Are you the-"

"Yes, I am the werewolf prince. Please don't go for the titles, you can call me Danny. What about you, beautiful lady?" He cut me off.

So, he was actually a werewolf - the prince to be precise. I shouldn't be surprised as all the royals were invited but the thing is I never saw the royal family of the city I resided in! I must admit Daniel was Handsome like the people said. I looked up at him and he was staring at me for answers. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself.

"I am Elina Wilson. Lord Evan's assistant" I introduced unsure of what he would say.

He looked at me as if I have grown two heads and then started grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Wow. Evan always skips the interesting part you know." He turned towards me as if preparing for a speech he was much awaiting for someone to listen.

"Whenever I talk to him, he's always talking about the peasants, the projects we need to work on, bla bla bla. It's so boring. He never speaks about interesting things or introduces me to his people. He didn't introduce me to Olivia and now you." He whined like a kid.

Wow. Looks like Stephen's got a partner. Is this with the Royal Princes that all are so sarcastic or it's just their personality.

I walked beside Danny in the gardens as he kept ranting. We talked about where I lived. He was surprised to know that I lived in Iris and that I never saw the royal family. And He was also complaining about Evan being so boring and stuff. It was so fun speaking to him and he was very funny as well. One moment he would whine and complain and then he would lay his lame jokes. He also told me that except for the royal family, werewolves stayed in packs lead by the Alpha and Luna along with the Beta's. I was enjoying his company then a girl came along with Evan beside her.

"Danny, I was looking for you. Carla's complaining a lot about her designer cheating on her by designing the same dress for Mrs. Wiston." The girl said addressing Daniel and looked at me.

"Hi! I am Daniel's small sister, Ariel." Princess.

She forwarded her hand for a handshake and I took it.

"Elina"

She gave me a friendly smile. Ariel was sweet and pretty too. She was the to-be queen of Iris. She was a blonde with pale skin and golden eyes and God did she have pointed ears. Was she an elf or something. Wait, elves didn't exist, right?

Ariel looked back at Danny. "So, what are you going to do about this?" she asked Daniel who was scratching his head.

Meanwhile, I looked at Evan who had been staring me since he arrived. I stared him back and it felt like we were in some sought of a staring contest until Daniel cleared his throat.