twelve

A week went by with little connection to Niklaus. He took his meals in his bedroom and spent most of his time weight lifting in the Hale's indoor gym. I occupied myself painting, reading, and swimming for an hour a day. Ravon stopped in my bedroom most afternoons to go over fashion magazines and gossip about which guards were cute. On Friday night, Ravon popped his head into my bedroom for the fifth time this week, swinging a movie around in his rich, ebony hands. 

"Silent Hill, ever seen it?" He questioned, wiggling his eyebrows and plopping onto my bed next to me. When I shook my head, he gasped dramatically. "But it's only the best movie. It's like Little House on The Prairie, but it's based around a mute girl. Beautiful film."

"I've never heard of it." I said aloud, looking at the DVD through the clear casing it was within. 

"Wanna watch it?" He grinned, his eyes squinting with the intensity of his smile. With a smile and a nod, I stood and started for the door. "Wait!" I turned to face him with a questioning expression. "Let's make this a pajama party." He sifted through my new clothes and pulled out a silk pajama set I had gotten free from my purchase at Victoria's Secret. The top was a black spaghetti strapped bralette with lace flirting across the cleavage and down to just above the navel; the matching shorts were silken with a hinting of lace across the bottom hem. I filed into the bathroom and changed into the ensemble, smiling at myself in the mirror before exiting back into my bedroom. Ravon threw a silver satin robe with black lace around the sleeves around my shoulders before leading me out of my bedroom.

"Where are we going? I thought we were going to watch the movie?" I asked, catching up to his quick pace, my naked feet padding against the dark hardwood flooring. 

"Sweetie, we are, we're just going to watch it in the Theater Room." He shrugged, opening a door for me before corralling me inside. Rav flipped on the lights and worked with the projector while I took a seat in the middle of the six rows of theater seats. The seats themselves were obviously crazy comfortable, the cushions melding to my form and hugging my spine like I never new it needed. When the opening credits began, Ravon dimmed the lights and scrambled into the seat next to me. Fifteen minutes into the movie had me realizing that he was lying about the plot. Expecting a sweet movie about the obstacles of a young mute girl threw me through a hoop when the actual plot began to pan out. 

"I don't like scary movies, you jerk!" I growled, pinching his bicep. Ravon grimaced and slapped my hand away, rubbing his wounded shoulder. 

"I know that. How else would I get you to watch it?" He grumbled, turning back to the film. I crossed my arms over my chest, huffing irritably and wallowing in self pity. The door to the Theater Room opened, causing Ravon and I to squint painfully at the intruder. 

"What are the two of you doing?" Nik questioned, walking down the aisle. I quickly looked away from him, allowing Ravon to indulge Nik on his scheme to give me nightmares for the next month. But out of the corner of my eye, I noticed he was both shirtless and wet, most likely having just showered. 

"I'm forcing Ms. Sunshine to watch a horror film." Rav beamed, crossing his legs before drinking in the sight of Nik. "For what do we owe the pleasure?" Niklaus rolled his eyes, facing the projector's screen. 

"Nothing, I was just checking in on her." He gave a curt wave. "I'll leave you to it." Ravon sprang up from his chair and grabbed Niklaus' hand, dragging him into the seat next to me. 

"Don't be silly, Mr. Hale. This is no private showing, please, take a seat!" Rav insisted, sitting in the seat next to Niklaus, effectively caging him into the aisle. We all sat awkwardly for five minutes before Ravon pulled out his phone. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to do this." I silently shook my head at him pleadingly.