26

Next Morning

"You look like you've been ambushed by a gang of angry squirrels."

You couldn't catch a wink last night, pondering over how terrible you've been to Jungkook all these years.

Despite always pushing him away, reaching some point where you had thrown mean words at him, you recalled how the kid still pulls up a smile whenever you're around.

He's also a victim in this unfair game. Not just you. You realize that now.

Taehyung takes the seat across from you, noticing the distracted expression forming on your face.

You probably resemble an ugly panda with poking strings of an infected skunk tail.

"What happened?"

You've spent the last couple of hours running your fingers across your hair in frustration with a cup of coffee accompanying your self misery.

Taehyung just asked you a question and you remain silent.

Lisa has no plans on opening the cafe today, much to your relief.

You've been here all night.

Taehyung's still waiting for your answer, eyes squinted into duplicate slits that states how impatient he's getting.

You'd have probably gotten annoyed by his attempts to nose into your life if it were one of those normal days. But this wasn't one of them.

You can't seem to think straight. The guilt of your actions towards Jungkook's eating you alive, and it's really ... Unsettling.

"Y/n." Taehyung whispers. "Tell me what's wrong?"

Its soft. His voice's soft. But you can spot a bit of that damand dripping down from his tone.

If you won't tell him, he'll get an answer from someone else.

So. In a not-so-suspicious-way. You question him.

"How did you get here?"

Its sudden you know. But you don't really trust him to the fullest yet. I mean. You've warmed up to him, and you're willing to tell him, but there's just that something holding you back for a peculiar reason.

You really hope he doesn't notice your sudden change of topic. Cause truth be told. You want to share your problem to him as much as the next guy. But that's just the thing. It's your problem. Its not his, Lisa's or anyone else. It's your problem.

Also. Last time you checked. The doors were locked when you came in. You made sure of it, and it would be impossible for him to just walk in unless he had the keys.

The males' eyes only strikes to narrowed rifts, irritation oozing from them with your intentions of escaping, but that soon fades away.

You probably have a reason for this. Why you're keeping this to yourself. Of course, he may be a still be a stranger. At least he was to you.

But you were never a stranger to him.

You don't notice the way his eyes soften as they stay planted on you. You don't notice how memories from the cheerful, painful past start reflecting from those ebony hues. He's holding back the urge to hug you right now. He's been holding himself back ever since he found you and that pains him to say the least.

"Y/n." Taehyung whispers. "Tell me."

Its soft. But unlike before. This time. Taehyung's voice rings respect. Respect of your privacy and even though you probably won't tell him anything. He's taking his chances.

You shift your attention away from your mug of coffee resting in between your palms, hesitantly locking gazes with his eyes, and you swallow thinkly.

It won't hurt to share this to him too right?

Giving up from straining your answer, you sigh defeatedly.

"My brother." You say tightly."He came to visit me last night."

He's thrown off the cliff of confusion.

You can tell by the way he had his face all drawn up.

"You.." He trails off, as if to make sure. "Have a brother?"

You nod.

"Is that why you're like this? Did he hurt you?"

"No." You respond with a smile."But I think I'm the one hurting him."

You frown. You can't believe you've been like that to him. You've indulged yourself on hating your parents to even notice you were putting all their blames on an innocent kid all this time.

You don't know for how long you've zoned out. But at that very second, you're slowly being pulled to a chest and inside a mush of two familiar comforting arms.

You let out a trembling sigh, holding your sob back. It's been a while since you've last had a comforting hug from someone who wasn't Lisa.

Not that you don't appreciate her. You don't know where you'd be if it weren't for her. That girl's just too important to you.

"Stop crying Y/n." He mumbles softly. "You look ugly when you cry."

You didn't even know you were crying.

His grip tightens, and you find yourself leaning to his hug. This might get awkward later, but you need this.

"Please don't cry." He whispers and that's when you felt something soft.

Two soft lips are pressed against your forhead, the little action sending you an endless wave of comfort and assurance.

I'll always be here when you need me. You're not alone.

Though greateful, you can't stop the new sets tears from falling out your eyes. And it hurts. Your heart.

Yes, you're crying, but it's now for a different reason.

-

Clarification: Jungkook never appeared in the beginning of the story until the previous chapter.
-LT