Chapter 4 - The Beginning (Edited)

Katherine's POV

Everyone in the room had their eyes trained on the door anxiously waiting for something to happen. While my dad had the gun trained on the door. The doorknob continues to jiggle until it stopped.

KNOCK! KNOCK! "Jeremiah! Are you down there?! It's me, Jake!" Everyone sighed in relief. Jake was our neighbor and my dad's best friends. He was a bit of a goofball sometimes. He moved to the neighbor five years after my parents did.

My dad put the gun down and ran up to the stairs to open the door for him. There on the other side of the door, Jake stood with a frantic expression on his pale freckled face. He looked like he ran his hand throws his red hair several times. He steps further in the basement.

"You guys okay?" Jake asked.

"Were okay. I guess. But, what are you doing here it's not safe to go outside? We heard about an attack downtown on the radio and some of the military turning on each other." Jake had a look of shock on his face after what my dad said.

"I heard there was an attack and heard the actual attack, but on military turning on us!?"

"Well not all of them turned on us just some. The said they don't take orders from them anymore. That they take orders from Alpha Prime and Alpha Supreme whoever they are." I said. Jake just nodded his head and spoke up.

"Well you know some of our neighbors are packing up and leaving right now and I'm about to join them. I stopped by because I see you guys have not left yet."

"We'll we should leave too while we still can. Jake, could you help Mr.Jones with his stuff?" My dad asked

"Sure." Jake and Mr. Jones both headed up the stairs and out the basement. A few moments later I heard the door close from upstairs.

"Alright, we need to hurry up and pack our bags." My mom said everyone moved quickly to grab whatever we thought was necessary to bring. I hurried to the kitchen first and grabbed some food from the cabinets and put it into a grocery bag. After that, I ran outside to the car to put the stuff in. I was scared because it was dark and anything could be out here especially with those aliens. I hurried upstairs to my room moving around my family. I went to my closet and grabbed my book bag dumping out all my books to the bed and put the things I need into the bag. It's not like I will be going to school anytime soon anyway. I packed my snacks I hide in the closet, pocket knife, old family Bible, photos, and other things.

"OH MY GOSH!" I heard my sister yell. I ran downstairs to see Rebecca staring at the TV. The TV was just had fuzzy black and white things on the screen. Wait, I thought we lost all power. Seconds later Jacob and my parents rushed into the room.

"Rebecca, what's wrong?" My mom asked.

"Look the TV came on by itself." Rebecca said staring at the TV.

"But, I thought all the power was out." Jacob said. We all turned to look at the TV. This is so weird. It's like that Syfy movie I and Charlie saw where aliens were living inside our technology and used it against us. Suddenly the fuzz looked like it started to clear up. You can see a man come up on the screen and it looked to be several men behind him. Once it looks more clearer it looked like they were at the...

"Are they in the White House, in the oval office?" Jacobs asked.

Then the TV became clear and you can see they were indeed in the Oval office. One man was sitting behind the desk while the rest stood behind them. Then he began to speak.

"Citizens of Earth me and my kind are sorry for the confusion but in spite of everything that has happened we mean you no harm. My name is Demos one of the 15 of the Alpha Primes. We are from a planet called Luprus. A beautiful world until one day our planet was coming close to its end. We had to find a new world soon because some of our people were dying especially our females due to the fact they were not as strong as us. So we scout out planets that we could inhabit and found this one. This is no longer your home this is our home now, you are a mere pest in our home. Resistance will not be tolerated. You will all soon find your place among our kind."

After the speech was made the TV went off with sparks coming out of it which cause me and my sister to shriek. Those aliens look like us. What did the heck happen to our leaders? I know one thing I seriously doubt they plan on sharing this world with us.

"Look everyone I don't know about you, but I don't want to stick around and find out what happens next. So we need to go now." I said and everyone nodded their head and moved to get the rest of their stuff and headed towards the door. We all piled in the car and drove towards the end of the street. I looked back towards the house as we drove off hoping it is not the last time I see it. Hopefully, we can come up with a plan on how to get somewhere safe because we all know deep down inside that we will never have our old lives back.

********

Nightfall came over Washington, DC. Guards patrolled along the perimeter of the black iron fence around the White House with high tech laser guns in their hands. Within the halls of the White House, there was chattering coming from one of the big conference rooms. Both sides of the huge doors stood two guards with guns. Inside there was a meeting being held.

"Alpha Prime Demos the Epsilons have successfully taken over the more populated cities with the help of the Upsilon and Omega spies. They are waiting for you and the other Alpha Primes orders"

"Thank you, Kappa Ren. Now we will begin to begin the reshaping of this planet law and order." Alpha Prime Demos replied and turned to the guard who came up beside him. "Let the commander know to send out the Elite Pack warrior team." The guard nodded and hurried out of the room.

"We would have never known of this planet if it wasn't for one of their top scientists. I believe his name to be John. What an odd name?" Spoke Alpha Prime Aaaquil.

"Yes I know, but he believes that we will let him be one of us. He unlike any other humans are nothing but a tool in our plan."

"The humans are nothing but dirt under our feet which I am excluding the possibility of mates from the equation." Demos stood from his seat. "New world order begins now."