Epilogue

Hey, guys. This is it. The epilogue and therefore the ending of Sugar. No more chapters, no sequels. This is the end of Dominic's and Caroline's story, or at least the part that I am putting into writing. 

Thank you. 

Epilogue 

One Week Into the Future

I felt him before I heard him. My hair hanging on the side of my neck was brushed away as Dominic leaned down to kiss his mark, his stubble then rubbing against it. I bit my lip to hide the giggle that was begging to burst out, trying to push him away as his arms caged me against the sink.

"Tonight?" he hummed.

"I don't know, Dom. I don't think you're supposed to plan these things out."

Plus, I was nervous. So nervous that I kept pushing it off and pushing it off. Even just talking about it made me clam up. Poor Dominic was completely ready and he felt that I was ready. But I was split in two. My brave side said, "hell yeah, let's do it!" while my other half wanted to run and hide. It wasn't really fair to Dom, since I kept saying another day. It felt like I was leading him on.

"Is that in the rule book?" He quizzed.

I shrugged, continuing to finish cleaning the dishes in the sink, even though Dominic's mouth and teeth were making it difficult to concentrate on anything else. "I just don't want to rush anything," I said. "I want it to be natural."

"What is more natural than-"

"I will tell you when I'm ready. If it's tonight, then great. If not, I'm asking you to be patient with me."

His lips moved to kiss the skin in front of my ear. "I know, sugar, I know. But it's okay to be scared. It's normal for a first timer."

"Pffft, scared? Me?" I lied. "I'm not scared."

Dominic chuckled. "Sweetheart, you aren't protecting your thoughts." I blushed, now washing vigorously at the plate in my hands. "I get it. I totally get it, Cara. It's hard to be vulnerable and that's just about as vulnerable as a person can get. But it's me, and you know I would do everything to make sure you're comfortable and not in pain. If there is a technique to lessen the pain, I am going to try it."

"It isn't about the pain," I insisted. "It's... Okay, fine. It is the vulnerability."

He smirked smugly, embracing me tighter. "I know. But I'll take care of you."

I turned around in his grip after wiping my hands on a nearby towel, wrapping my arms around my mate's neck. "I know."

"Then what's to be afraid of?"

"You leaving me."

Dominic was about to correct me, when I held my hand up to stop him. "No. I don't think you will choose to up and leave me. In that way, you're stuck with me now because of the Mark. But I know after this our feelings for each other will change and in my case, become much stronger. I have lost the people I love most before and I don't think I could do it again. I wouldn't survive it if someone took you away from me."

"That isn't going to happen."

I sighed sadly. "But you can't say that. Because it can happen, it does happen, and it did happen to me."

Dominic pressed my head into his chest, letting me hear his heartbeat. "I am here right now. And I will be here for the indefinite future. I hope that is enough for you."