Chapter 62

I looked around the living room, smiling because all my boys were here.

We were about a week past the shopping trip with Jessica and I was smiling because of the changes that had been taking place in the past week. Owen and Sean had accepted my proposal to replace Kota as family lead and he was relieved that it was freeing him up to start focusing on what he wanted to do the most.

Nathan, of course, had already figured out it was good to go because of how Kota was acting, and he had been present for the conversation when the three of us had figured it out together. We were going to break the news to the rest of them tonight.

We were also going to be spending time figuring out our goals and ideas for our future when it came to schooling and jobs.

But even more importantly, we were going to be discussing the fact that Uncle had agreed to trade the Taylor compound for Nathan’s house, if we could all agree to the idea.

He said we could still use the pool whenever we wanted, and I think that he was actually very interested in the fact that he’d be able to keep an eye out on both the diner and the Lee family.

It was amazing that he agreed. All we’d need to do is paint everything the way we wanted to and arrange to have a few different buildings added to the grounds. I think it’s going to be the perfect spot for us to grow old together.

Although, when it came to Owen, I was going to work my tail off to make him grow younger. He is far too young to be acting like a 45-year-old man. This summer has been good. He’s acted his age more and more as the summer progressed but after the school year we had last year at Ashley Waters, I know that Sean is just as relieved as I am to see any moment that he acts his age.

The Taylor place isn’t as far out of the way as the Anderson house is. But I already have my eye on the room that I plan on turning into my library. The one I envisioned the first day I set foot in Lily’s house and could actually see all of us hanging out in one room together.

I glanced up when Sean stood next to me. “Hey.” I smiled.

“Well, look at that. I found you, Pookie. I wasn’t sure where you’d gotten away to.” He teased.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Do you want to sit next to me?” I asked, shifting to sit up and not take up so much space on the couch.

“Oh, that would be nice. Thank you for the offer.” He smiled, settling next to me, dropping his arm around my shoulders and cuddling me closer. He bent his head slightly and kissed my temple. “Very nice spot.” He murmured.

“One of my favorites.” I replied. “Ready for all this conversation?” I asked, watching as North and Silas competed against each other in the latest version of our racing game.

We’d taken to holding tournaments over the summer, complete with a bracket of match ups, leading to a championship, not unlike the one the NCAA used for the basketball tournament every year.

“I have been looking forward to this conversation.” He stated.

“All of it?”

His fingers squeezed my shoulder. “Every bit of it.” He nodded slightly, leaning closer to murmur in my ear. “One, I’m so proud of you for coming up with the idea to be family lead. It’s the best spot for you in the grand scheme of things. Two, I love that you came up with the idea of getting Uncle to trade house and I’m surprised that none of us ever thought to buy Nathan’s dad out before and three, I can’t wait to help everyone figure out what they really want to be when they grow up. I see a lot of changes coming for all of us in the next few years and you’re the catalyst for it all, my lovely destiny baby.” He kissed my cheek.