14. Beyond Gola Mosca

{Namimori, Japan}

{Namimori, Japan}

Standing in front of the receptionist, Yucca stuttered. "What do you mean you don't have any Dokuro Chrome as one of your patients?"

"It is as I told you, sir," the receptionist repeated, a bit of annoyance tinting her soft voice. "I've checked more than ten times already. We don't have any patient registered under this name."

"How come..." Yucca muttered, the flower bouquet he brought resting on the front desk while he passed one of his hand through his raven locks.

The dark-eyed lady sighed, "Maybe she was, sent to another hospital?" She tried to comfort, "Have you checked them already? Better, can't you call her?" she inquired.

Yucca looked at the lady for a few seconds before sending her a small apologetic smile, "Yes, you must be right. Excuse me for taking up your time, have a nice day."

With these words, Yucca excused himself, flower bouquet in hand he casually made his way to the automatic doors.

That wasn't part of the plan, he didn't expect Chrome not to be, sent to the hospital like the others after their battles. Whatsmore, since she wasn't part of his calculation since the start, he didn't have any lead as to where she could be. How troublesome.

Roaming Namimori's street deep in thoughts, Yucca walked into somebody, how pitiful for a hitman such as him not even able to avoid others while not looking in front of him.

Looking up, Yucca's purple iris' met Chrome's violet one. A small gasp escaped both of their lips at the unexpected encounter.

As he gained his composure back Yucca smiled his brightest fake smile, making Chrome take a step back. She stared at him dubiously, guard raised. Her hand tightly grope what seemed to be her school bag, ready to escape at any given moment.

"Good morning, Chrome was it?" he greeted, earning a small nod of agreement as she whispered her, own greeting.

Yucca's smile stretched if it was possible. "There," he said hand extended as he presented her the flower bouquet he had bought earlier in the day. "These are for you."

Chrome looked at him suspiciously, her small hand slowly taking the flower bouquet, she inhaled their scent her eyes never leaving Yucca's figure. "Thank you," she murmured, softly.