10 Years of foreplay

A/N   To anyone out there reading, thank you so much. I had fun writing this flirty chapter. It's a lot of fluff. ;) Enjoy!

10 minutes after walking in my door from work later that evening Chris pulled into my driveway. I opened the door before he could even knock. I had to take a deep breath as the very sight of him caused my heart to skip a beat. His deep blue eyes seemed to light up when he saw me, and his lip curled into the sexiest half smile I had ever seen.

"Hi." He greeted me, hesitating before stepping forward closing the gap between us, his lips were on mine before I could even form a response. I stumbled back a little bit grasping on to his t-shirt to help catch my balance.

"This is what you wore to work?" His eyes lowered sweeping me over head to toe making me squirm, (in the best way!) He lifted his hand and plucked at the safety pin that was desperately attempting to stay together at the top of my blouse. His fingers were unnervingly close to my chest and I could feel the heat radiating off him as he pulled me closer to him with his other hand.

I nodded feeling dizzy and light headed. The effect he had on me was frightening.

"You are so beautiful." His voice was barely above a whisper. I licked my lips hoping he would take it as an invitation to kiss me again. His eyes flickered down to my mouth and he smiled. Releasing me for a moment he pushed the door shut behind him. I paused and then not being able to wait I slid my hands up around his neck bringing his mouth to mine.

"You taste like peppermint." I observed in between kisses.

He chuckled. My lips left his making their way down his neck and I felt him tense up. I pulled back, "Do you want me to stop?"

"No, definitely no. I'm just scared I  won't be able to stop. If you know what I mean."

"Oh." That was ok right? I mean it's not like we just met. "Well that's ok." I bit my lip back.

"Are you saying...." He raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you sure?"

I nodded. "We've had 10 years of foreplay." Oooph where had I hear that before?

Chris laughed against my mouth. "I told you I wanted to do this right."

"Ok." I said simply, pulling back. "If that's what you want?" I unhooked the safety pin with a pinch of my fingers then raised my eyes to his.

"Oh you're going to play dirty." His eyes narrowed. In one quick motion he removed his t-shirt revealing his low-slung jeans resting just right on his hips. My eyes traveled down his chest to his stomach.

"You're not allowed to get naked." I stammered tearing my eyes from his rippled stomach.

"This isn't naked." He winked and started to unbuckle his belt.

"You wouldn't dare." I glared at him.

He loosened his belt enough for his pants to slide down and land on the floor. "Oops." He shrugged with a coy grin.

I narrowed my eyes with a tilt of my head. Then in record time I unbuttoned my blouse, exposing the peach colored bralette I was wearing. I slightly parted my mouth running my tongue tauntingly over my teeth.

Chris's jaw fell open. "You win." He said wide-eyed.

I smiled triumphantly.

"Breelan, you are so gorgeous." His eyes moved from my chest to my face. He went to take a step forward but his pants around his ankles made it difficult.

I snickered as he tried to push his shoes off and they just became caught up in his jeans.

"You think this is funny?" He glanced up at me not amused. "I was trying to be romantic"

"Stripping down naked is being romantic?" I scrunched up my nose.

"Ok I was trying to be romantic after I seduced you." He finally pulled free from his shoes and pants. He jumped up grinning at me like the cheshire cat in his boxer briefs and low cut ankle socks.

"You're really cute." I leaned back resting against the small table in my foyer so I could take in the whole sight of him.

"Cute? You think I'm cute right now? I need to work on my swag."

I threw my head back laughing. Chris took a step towards me snaking his arm under my open blouse and around my waist. My head was still back leaving my neck exposed. The sensation of his lips on my neck caused me to still. I moaned a little and he pressed his body against me and I realized just how thin those boxer briefs were.

"Maybe we should slow this down just a little." I straightened up forcing him to move back.

He smiled at me causing my knees to go weak. "You are so handsome." I couldn't stop myself from reaching up and cupping his face with my hand.

His smile grew wider and he leaned towards me so he could brush his lips across mine before bending down to grab his shirt and pants. "I'll get dressed, if you can do something about that." He motioned towards my open top.

I laughed and nodded, "I'm going to go change. Then I can throw together a quick dinner?"

"You have something in mind?" He wanted to know slipping his t-shirt over his head. I had to admit I was sad to see those abs go.

"I was just going to do hamburgers."

He nodded, "Go change."

"Ok." I kissed him quickly before moving  back to my bedroom. It was difficult to find something to change into. I wanted to look sexy and not sloppy but I wanted to be comfortable. I found a pair of clean cotton yoga pants and a Red Sox t-shirt. I pulled the hair tie from my hair letting it fall in loose waves around my face.

I walked back out and into the kitchen where Chris had started the hamburgers. I watched him for a moment, very entertained, before walking up behind him and sliding my arms around his waist resting my head on his back.

"Hey gorgeous." He lifted his arm and I moved around next to him. He kissed the top of my head. "I started dinner hope that's ok."

"OK? More than ok? I think I'll have to keep you."

"Please do." He wiggled his eyebrows and then gave me a long, lingering kiss.

We ate dinner at my dining room table and it was odd. We had never sat there together. But here we were, eating and talking like a real couple. It was pretty perfect. After dinner, in which Chris cleaned the tables and loaded the dishwasher, we went out on my back deck. It's very quiet in my backyard. My neighbors aren't close, which was a huge selling point when I bought the house. It was a cooler evening and so when Chris opened his arms to me to join him on the chaise he was sitting on I took the invitation without hesitation. He wrapped his arms around me and we sat and talked until the sun went down. I had to pinch myself when the evening was over because this all felt to good to be true. When I walked him to the door a little after 10 that night it took everything in me not to ask him to spend the night. Oh well there's always tomorrow night.....