Fine Educated Girls.

королевская академия прекрасных образованных девушек. the royal academy of fine educated girls. The sign at the side of the snowy road said. If you missed the sign, you missed the school entirely, because there was thick forests surrounding the building and its grounds.

It was a snowy day in February, when a long black car slowly turned up the small, hidden road of The Academy. As the car traveled deeper into the woods, the road slowly became wider and smoother, until it eventually popped out of the trees, and the massive, leering academy appeared.

The building was huge, with dark colored walls, and large turrets. It was beautiful, but also terrifying. The long black stopped at the front steps, and the driver got out, walking over to the car door and letting his passenger out. A girl with honey- blond hair and brown eyes got out, clutching a small brown case in her white mittened hands. She wore a brown coat with fur on the hood, and brown winter boots. Underneath her coat, she wore a thick wool dress, that was purple. She must have been about 13.

As her driver gently took her hand, he held her up the slippery, snowy, concrete steps, to the dark and imposing wooden double doors. The driver rapped his knuckle against the door, and it echoed, scaring them both a little at the sudden loud noise.

Then the door slid open, and a woman appeared.

"Hello there! My name is Madam Nikolai. I am the headmistress of The Academy. And you must be Ana Ferris." The woman said with a large friendly smile, and the girl, Ana, hesitantly smiled back.

"I'm so happy you decided to attend The Academy. How about I take you on a tour of the school, before getting you settled? Does that sound nice?" Madam Nikolai said cheerfully, and Ana nodded.

"Alright then." Madam Nikolai said, and she gently took Ana's hand, leading her deeper into The Academy. Her driver stood there for a moment, and then slowly backed out of the school, stumbling down the stairs and getting into the car. He turned to look at The Academy, and saw two women inside, dressed in black bodysuits, shutting the front doors.

The driver sped away.

———

"Here at The Academy, you will live in a dorm, with other girls. You will call yourselves a team, and you will train with your team during morning exercises." Madam Nikolai said, droning on about The Academy as they walked down the hall.

"Madam Nikolai, this is all very interesting, but may I inquire where my fellow students are? I was told that there was hundreds of us, yet I see no one." Ana questioned, and Madam Nikolai smiled sweetly.

"They are all in the main hall, listening to one of our star students give a speech." Madam Nikolai said.

"May I sit in on this speech?" Ana said, and Madam Nikolai nodded, leading her down a hallway and through a large wooden door, into a huge, cavernous hall. Ana's eyes widened, and she stumbled a little, almost dropping her case.

"We are chess pieces!" The crowd of hundreds of girls chanted in unison, to one single girl, who stood at the front of them all, on a stage, in front of a microphone. The girl had a black bob, and pale skin.

"Who is that?" Ana cried in surprise.

"Elizabeth Grey. The best student this school has ever seen." Madam Nikolai said proudly.

"We will knock the other players off the board, and take their place!" Elizabeth chanted, and the entirety of The Academy repeated her words.

"What happens if we do not knock the other players off the board to take their place?" Elizabeth called out.

"We become a pointless waste." The academy girls responded.

"Why can we not survive if we do not take someone else's place?" Elizabeth cried out, and then answered her own question, chanting along with her fellow students.

"Because we have no place in the world."

Elizabeth nodded, suddenly using her powers to float up off of the stage, into the air above the crowd. Ana stumbled backwards, almost falling on her rear. This was not part of the mission. This girl, this Elizabeth, was not supposed to be here. This changed everything.

Elizabeth raised her right hand, and every girl followed, standing up and raising their right hands. Then in unison, they let their hands fall to cover their lips. As the salute was completed, bone-like hands grabbed Ana's shoulders, and Madam Nikolai hissed into her ear,

"Welcome to The Academy my dear Ana."

"You people are monsters." Ana cried out.

"No my dear. We are agents. And soon you will be too." Madam Nikolai said, before stabbing the needle into Ana's neck, tranquilizing her.