56. reunion

here we go...
——————————

Milo promised Ella that Harry Worthfield wanted her for the movie. She was excited, his movies were legendary. He directed movies with Gwyneth Paltrow, Judy Dench, Leonardo DiCaprio.

Milo lead her up the hotel steps, she had only been to this hotel once before; with Timothée. She didn't know he was there that night. She stood in the Lobby with Milo, he was psyching her up for her meeting with Harry.

"You're going to be amazing. He's lucky to have you. I'll be right outside when you get out." Milo grinned down at her. She was beyond excited and right now all that mattered was this meeting.

Timothée stood in the room to the left of the Lobby, surrounded by people. A large archway meant he could see into the lobby. Armie and Elizabeth stood next to him, he wasn't enjoying himself. He held a glass of champagne in his hand and stared at it. Suddenly he heard a familiar voice.

"Do I look ok?" It said. He turned his head towards the voice to see Ella Lawrence. He never thought he'd ever see her again. In front of her was Milo Dawson, Timothée frowned. He felt the need to run over and tackle the boy but knew that was not socially acceptable.

"Armie, it's Ella." He turned to Armie who followed his gaze to see their old friend. Timmy couldn't tear his eyes away from her, his heart was thundering in his chest.

"Should we go and say hello?" Armie asked, Timothée shook his head, knowing if he went over there he would just end up hitting Milo in front of her. Armie just accepted the answer and went back to talking.

Ella was lead up the stairs by Harry's assistant. She had only been told she was meeting him, she was slightly confused when they got in the lift. Most of the conference rooms were on the first floor.

"Are we meeting him in a conference room?" She asked his assistant. The woman just ignored her so she stayed silent, wondering if she had overstepped.

They went up to the top floor where the penthouses were, Ella assumed that they were meeting in his suite. Perhaps he liked things more casual.

Timothée watched Ella leave Milo behind. As soon as she was out of sight, he watched Milo get out his phone and call someone. Milo laughed down the phone and then left the hotel.

"Why do you think she's here?" He asked Armie.

"Who, Ella? Maybe this is where she's staying while in New York." Armie noticed Timothée was obsessing and let out a sigh. "We're going in the dining room in a minute, don't obsess" he said quietly. Timothée just nodded and turned back to the party.

Harry's assistant opened the hotel room door for Ella but did not enter. Ella walked into the room and jumped when the assistant slammed it behind her.

"Ella Lawrence?" A voice asked but Ella could not see anyone.

"Yes?" She called out. Then there he was, he was quite a large man and clearly old. Ella gave him a smile but did not move.

"Come and sit." He sat on a sofa in the middle of the room. Ella walked and sat on a different sofa but he seemed offended. "Next to me" he added so Ella stood up and moved to the sofa he was sitting on. She was starstruck in his presence.

"Thank you so much for thinking of me" Ella smiled, he gave her a toothy smile. He moved closer to her and took her hand.

"You would be perfect for this role" he stroked her hand with his thumb.

"Do you usually do these meetings so informally?" Ella asked, not expecting what was in front of her. He let out a grumble which almost sounded like a growl.