|49| winter wonderland

Oh come on, if you've read this far you MUST like the story... Leave a vote! 🥰✨

Every customer that enters the cafe shivers from the cripplingly low temperature that lingers outside. Due to the seasons, it's not so busy today. I'm glad that Autumn is over, but I'd still take it over the coldness of December any day.

"Guys it's almost Christmas time!!!" Teddy cheers, running into the cafe late with a thick scarf draped around her neck, swallowing her petite chin and mouth. A basket of goodies clasps in her arms while cute woolly mittens coat her hands. Her nose looks like a pink button amongst her pale skin.

"So?" Chrys asks.

"Sooo I used money from the register to buy a buncha' cute Christmas decorations for the cafe!"

"Are you allowed to do that?" My eyebrows raise, to which she shrugs playfully. "And look it! I got us all antlers to wear for the customers, aren't they festive?!" Teddy slaps one of the colorful headbands onto her head.

"There's no way I'm wearing antlers." Chrys closes her eyes and sips her tea. A second later Teddy slaps a pair onto Chrys' head also, making her body jolt and almost spill her tea.

"See, you look great! I got streamers, Santa napkins, fake snow— Ooo! And this cute little Christmas tree for the counter! Now it's like we're all a family! Gretchen come help me hang this stuff up!" She rotates her hand quickly.

"Okay." Gretchen nods. I watch as the two fit the miniature tree on the counter and decorate it with bulbs, fake snow and a little star at the top. It definitely cheers me up to see someone so into the Christmas spirit.

My eyes drift over to the window, watching the citizens that happily walk by in thick layers of clothing. The days are shorter and trees look naked under the bitter cold and dark sky. There has yet to be snow though, which is disappointing since I like snow.

When I turn back around Taehyung enters from the kitchen and sits at a table with crossed legs and a hot chocolate in hand, letting the warm steam dances around his nose and lips. He doesn't look jolly at all.

"I don't see what the big deal is." Winter rolls her eyes, "Christmas is just a time for people to sing annoying tunes, get bargains on stupid stuff they don't even need, waste time and money on wrapping paper and choke on glitter from cheap cards. Plus the weather sucks too."

"Isn't your name supposed to be Winter?" Chrys asks.

"I'm with her." Taehyung groans from behind his mug. "Christmas is a headache."

"Will you two stop? You sound like Scrooge and the Grinch." I tilt my head to the side tiredly. "Christmas is wonderful, there's nothing wrong with singing carols, getting deals, exchanging gifts and seeing the snow. It's a beautiful season to spend with your family."

"With your family." Taehyung repeats, sipping his hot chocolate.

My smile fades away with the sudden remembrance that Taehyung doesn't have a family, and probably hasn't celebrated Christmas with them in a while...

"HO HO HO, Merry Christmas!" A forcefully low and nasally voice echoes through the room. We all look to the door to see Jungkook waddle inside wearing a Santa fat-suit and rubbing his belly. Jimin skips behind him in an elf costume. They both look so adorable, but also so ridiculous I can't contain my laughter.