Chapter 37

Yuwen Rui looks completely calm, seeming to not realise the wrong idea his words have given others. I think for a bit, feeling that I really shouldn't be so oblivious to the timing like him, and so I say to him: "Cousin, it's hot, let it cool first."

Yuwen Rui actually didn't insist, placing the bowl down on the table before saying to Yuwen Yi: "Father, have you gone to see his majesty?"

Yuwen Yi furrows his thick brows, saying: "Encountered that old guy, Li Qiao, at the palace entrance, he said his majesty is currently being treated by the imperial physician, mustn't be disturbed by outsiders. Rui brat, is his majesty's injury very serious?"

Yuwen Rui pours Yuwen Yi a cup of tea, then pours himself one, "Where the arrow hit is not a vital spot, what's deadly is the poison on the arrow. Divine Physician Xue said this poison is an extremely mysterious poison passed down from the Miao Tribe, should an antidote be concocted in time for his majesty to take, naturally, there will be no worries, but the antidote has yet to be concocted as of now, only able to use herbal supplements to delay the poison in his majesty's body for now. Right now, it's all down to whether his majesty can hold out until the time comes."

Yuwen Rui is extremely calm as he says all this, unlike all those other ministers I've seen, who are greatly anxious and completely masked in sadness whenever Father Emperor gets injured. The matter of Father Emperor's injury seems to have no effect on him, or perhaps, this person has already grown accustomed to hiding all his thoughts under that placid handsome face, so that no one can possibly know.

Yuwen Yi sighs upon hearing this, "Now that his majesty is lying unconscious, afraid that there is a lot of unrest within the imperial court, Rui-er, you must pay more attention."

Yuwen Rui lightly takes a sip of the tea, long and fine eyes looking down, as he slowly says: "I will certainly be doing all an official can."

Yuwen Yi's expression lightens a little, then casts a look at Ling Miao Er, saying: "Miao Er, say, isn't Rui brat growing more and more like your Aunt Zhen?"

Ling Miao Er smiles, "Gentleman is elegantly refined and handsome in appearance, of course he looks more like Aunt Zhen. But his body of wisdom and plotting, is definitely taken after Uncle Yi."

Yuwen Yi heartily laughs out loud, the smile spreading into his eyes, "Good girl, these words truly are pleasant to hear." He suddenly looks disappointed again, "Just that Zhen-er left early, unable to see how Rui-er has grown......"

Dark gloom flickers across Yuwen Rui's brown orbs, then hooking his lips up, he says to the two: "Father, Miao Er, afraid you two have yet to rest after rushing all the way here. I've instructed people to prepare a room for you two, tomorrow night, we shall welcome you and help wash off the dust (a welcoming meal)."

Yuwen Yi says: "En, several days of rushing along the way, Miao Er should also be tired." He says to me: "Lan lass, you take good care of your body, I'll come and visit you again tomorrow."

I obediently nod, "Take care Eldest Uncle, take care Sister Miao, take care Eldest Cousin."

Yuwen Rui's fox eyes slightly narrows, then laughingly says: "Father, Miao Er, allow me to walk you out."

I mentally do a 'shoo' gesture, what do you mean walk them out, you just leave with them."

After Yuwen Rui and Yuwen Yi, as well as Ling Miao Er leave, the room quietens down, I stick out my ear to listen for any movements, only after confirming there is no noise, do I attempt to use my uninjured hand to prop up my body, slowly getting off the bed. When my feet touch the ground, I could only feel like I'm stepping on a floor of cotton, its softness also making me soften.