Chapter 38

Hearing the cold voice that belongs to Yuwen Rui, I should be loosening up, but in reality, I am instead growing increasingly alerted, only because of the strong smell of alcohol on him and his dazed speech.

Thinking up to here, I find it strange, why is it that when other people drink alcohol, their bodies carrying a stench of alcohol that makes people want to throw up, yet his is a strong yet pleasant smell of alcohol?

Could it be that this thing called alcohol is also a fan of good looks?

The person behind me does not stop his actions due to my silence, and instead, slowly uses the tip of his nose to rub against the back of neck, slowly, teasingly, accompanied by the warm and humid breathing. He lowly laughs and says: "Why aren't you speaking?"

I maintain my posture, unmoving, quietly saying: "Cousin, you've been drinking?"

Yuwen Rui very clearly sounds "en".

I speak again: "Cousin......is drunk?"

"Drunk?" He lowly mutters this word, then buries his head into my neck, sounding a muffled laugh, "That's right ah, I'm drunk, tell me, what to do?"

What else can be done?

I secretly gnash my teeth, yet my lips are extremely obedient in say: "Cousin should return to your estate, tell someone to make a bowl of sobering up soup, then lie down and have good rest after drinking the soup. When you wake up tomorrow morning, all will be fine."

"Mm?" Yuwen Rui's voice suddenly sounds puzzled, "Ah-Lan, what are you saying?"

I patiently repeat, "Cousin should return to your estate, tell someone to make a bowl of sobering up soup, then lie down and have good rest after drinking the soup. And all will be fine when you wake up."

"En......" Yuwen Rui nuzzling into me even stronger, "Didn't hear it clearly, must really be drunk."

I couldn't hold back from twitching the corner of my lips, acting, he's actually acting in front of me? How could I not have seen him fail to hear me before? I tell myself I must remain calm, and say: "Then, Cousin, I'll help you to the chair."

Yuwen Rui's arms that were fastened around my waist, slowly wraps around my shoulders, then leans half his body onto me, "En."

I say Yuwen Rui's leaning on me, but in fact, it can be described as my entire person being wrapped into his embrace. With him weighing down on me, I walk forward step by step with difficulty, yet just as I was reaching the chair, I feel my foot get tripped by something, then after one spin, I fall to the ground, but feel no pain, because below me is a super meat cushion, classmate Yuwen Rui.

Yuwen Rui has both eyes tightly closed right now, I reach out to pat his face, "Cousin, wake up, don't sleep."

Yuwen Rui half opens his eyes, brown orbs carrying a hazy mist, lazily saying: "Look, Ah-Lan, who do you think I am, to be able to sleep just like that?" He furrows his brows, "I am only feeling a little unwell."

I'm shocked upon hearing this, unwell? Don't tell me he wants to vomit. I hurriedly say: "Quickly get up then." Should he vomit in this position, then that truly is what we call 'overwhelming'......

After saying that, I immediately push against his chest to get up, just that halfway there, my back is pressed down by someone, causing me to abruptly fall back. My nose was knocked sore, trying to get up again, and I was once again pressed back to his chest. I rub my nose then look at the blissful Yuwen Rui, "Cousin, the ground is cold."

Not only does Yuwen Rui's arms not loosen, it tightens a little more, those long and fine eyes reflecting a charming shine under the dim candlelight, "It's fine, a little colder is just right to help sober up."