[7] goldhand.

Beltan News: The Chancellor of the Belt Alliance Committee, Stephanie Osiris, has agreed to meet up with Cain Syren to discuss a new deal for them. An inside source has insisted that the members of the committee want this matter resolved quickly because Devil Soil is the leading exporter of minerals in the Asteroid Belt, and any further delays will start affecting planetary economies.

 An inside source has insisted that the members of the committee want this matter resolved quickly because Devil Soil is the leading exporter of minerals in the Asteroid Belt, and any further delays will start affecting planetary economies

Oli woke up three hours later. She sat upright on the bed and rubbed her bloodshot eyes, trying to get rid of the tiredness. This was the first time she slept well since embarking on this mission, having previously lived in sketchy space motels full of odd individuals.

"We have arrived in Goldhand, Just Oli," Dennis' voice declared through the room's speakers. "Have a bath, then come eat. Patrick is waiting for you."

"Why?" she asked with closed eyes, swaying side to side as sleep tried reclaiming her.

"You are going shopping with him."

"Ah, dat."

"Indeed."

"Me be deya soon." She grabbed her cybernetic legs from the side of the bed and placed them on her thighs. Sleep left her mind, and tears took refuge in her eyes as she brushed her palms on her legs. An acidity filled her mouth, souring her sense of taste as memories of the accident resurfaced like an ocean current, threatening to sweep her away from this reality and into the nightmare of that fateful day.

She gulped, the egg in her throat making it hard to swallow her saliva. Not now. Shaking her head, the haunting thoughts left her mind.

Attaching one leg at a time on the lumps on her knees, a click informed her they were connected. She took a deep breath and exhaled through her mouth. "One day at a time, Olivia. One day at a time," she muttered before standing.

After showering, she reached for the clothes Dennis had brought to her last night. They belonged to Cybil. A plain white shirt covered her torso with a red tie around the collar. Red suspenders held the black trousers in place, and black fingerless gloves covered her hands. She loved her biological mother's style. It would've made her stand out on Mars.

"Just Oli, where are you?" Dennis said over the speakers.

"On me way."

"You are like Ms. Cybil, indeed," Dennis sounded displeased. "She also took hours getting ready. Please, be quick, Just Oli. Patrick is waiting."

Oli's cheeks turned red before smiling. Something other than her looks reminded the bot of her biological mother. Hopefully, there would be more.

🐺

Goldhand Station had been compared to the shape of a lumpy potato—a very large one that could wipe out all but the simplest life forms on Earth if it hit. It was the first site of human colonization in the asteroid belt.