Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Leera’s POV

You know in those kiddie cartoons, when one of the characters get hit and birds start flying around their head in a halo and you’re like, the fuck? Well I suddenly knew why they did that, I felt like there were rhinos stomping around in my skull and birds tweeting in my ear. The throbbing just kept getting worse and I was wondering if I was going to hell or something, ‘cause no one in heaven would let this keep going.

My vision was going in circles and I could barely feel when my back hit the bed. All these weird noises kept ringing in my ears and I’m pretty sure my blood pressure had risen up as well. My body was shaking, but I knew it wasn’t me who was doing it, someone was shaking my body like a ragdoll and it was annoying the crap out of me.

Could they not see I was dying here?

Surprisingly I was very calm for being shot in the head, I wasn’t freaking out or having one of those moments where I reach out and grasp a random hand and tell them my last wish in a hoarse voice, nope, I was just sitting here thinking about cartoons.

I felt a sticky feeling on the side of my head and it just kept pouring out, I’m pretty sure it was my blood and since I had wolfsbane in my system, I couldn’t heal. The rhinos in my head seemed to be calming down and the only thing left was the crazy pain in my head.

“… Leera? Come on, don’t die on me now!” Blake’s worried voice filled my head, he was practically yelling my ear off and the shaking just kept getting worse. Could he just stop?! “Oh god, it’s too late…”

“Shut up and stop shaking me you bastard” I groaned, barely moving my mouth. He paused and I saw a shadow pass over my face. He stopped shaking me and I could tell he was staring at my face.

“Are you alive?” he asked, his voice was lighting up with hope. Does it look like I’m alive? Did he even check my pulse or see that I’m breathing?

“No, Blake, it’s just your mind playing tricks on you” I muttered, opening my eyes a bit, the room was quit dark but I could still see with my wolf vision. Blake was hovering over me, his eyes wide wit unshed tears and a smug Jackson tied to the wall with half his face smashed off.

“Stop talking to dead people, Blake, people will start to think you’re insane” Jackson laughed, was this guy on crack or something? Did he not just hear me talk?!

“He’s perfectly fine, Jacko,” I smirked, loving the caught-off-guard expression on his face. “It’s you I’m worried about” I gestured for Blake to help me sit up; my head would stay up so he had to sit me on his lap with my head resting on his shoulder. Blood was still pouring out so I ripped off some of the green sheets and pressed it to my head.

“But- I- I shot you in the head!” he cried, his arms and legs still tied down.

“Well whoever sold you that gun was a cheap-ass, you just got ripped off” I laughed, well, as close as I could with a head injury. Damn, that must have been a horrible gun; I don’t think it even went past my skull.

“Can I kill him now?” I asked sweetly, looking up at Blake. He just frowned at me and shook his head.

“Nope, not with that head injury, you’ll just have to be satisfied with watching me kill him” he smiled, he seemed so happy that he was about to kill him. I guess we both have that sadistic nature in us.

“Fine, but beat him up a bit for me” I pouted, gripping the cloth closer to my head. Blake just flashed me a smile and placed me against the headboard of the bed. Pillows were surrounding me as he cracked his knuckled, a wide grin forming on his mouth. He walked up to a tied Jackson and untied him. As soon as his last limb was untied, he dashed for the door, but Blake just gripped the back of his shirt and dragged him back.