December 31, 1958

George's Pov:

"I'm going to give this to Diana tonight," I said, holding the object out to John.

We were sitting in the living room of the McCartney house for a New Years Eve party. Diana was in the dining room talking to Nancy and Cynthia. Paul was outside in the yard talking to Dot about their plans.

"You're gonna get married too?" He gasped, picking up the ring from my palm.

"No stupid!" I whispered loudly, trying not to let people hear, "It's a promise ring," I quickly took the ring back so John didn't lose it, "After hearing all this stuff about Paul marrying Dot, I just thought a lot...And I want to make a promise to her."

"Aw, getting all sappy on me Harrison," he said, hitting my back with a hard slap and laughed, "Stop it man!"

"Come on," I said, putting the ring into my pocket, "Don't you love Cynthia?"

"So you're saying you love Diana?" He said with a toothy grin.

"Stop," I said blushing a little, "You know that answer. But do you love Cyn?"

"God mate, we haven't even been dating that long and I don't want to be held down to a woman anyways," he said, taking a swig of his beer.

I swirled the last of my drink around at the bottom of the bottle, "Well, you be you, but I love Diana." I drank the last of my beer.

"Fine," he said hitting me again, "I just don't want a wife pulling me around everywhere." He got up from his seat and cleared his throat, he was already a bit drunk, "I'm going to get another beer."

I watched him walk off and took the ring out of my pocket again and looked at it.

Should I?  I thought to myself.

I sighed and got up as well to follow John. I walked into the kitchen and saw Diana at the table talking to her friends. She looked up and saw me as well, her eyes lighting up and she gave me a smile.

Yes I had to do this...I love her.

Diana's Pov:

It was almost midnight and I've barely seen George all night. There were so many people here that we've both been trying to talk to as many people as we knew. 

As I was trying to push my way through the living room, we suddenly bumped into each other.

"Hello," he laughed, looking down at me. 

"Haven't seen you in a while," I replied with a giggle.

"Well, it's almost midnight," George said, looking over at the clock. I turned around to see the clock. It wad about 2 minutes until the new year.

1959 was just about here.

I looked around and saw all of my friends in their boyfriends arms, waiting for the clock to strike 12. Nancy was with Bobby, Cyn with John and Dot with Paul.

George stepped behind me, put his arms around me and held me in a tight embrace. Throughout everything else in the room, I could faintly smell George's cologne on his sleeve. It was heavenly.

It was getting closer and closer to midnight and everybody was getting excited.

10... 9... 8... 7...

"I love you," George leaned down to whisper in my ear.

I smiled and turned my head to him and gave him a warm kiss, "I love you more."

6... 5... 4...

I heard him laugh slightly as he held me tighter, "That's impossible."

3... 2... 1!

"Happy new year!" Everyone yelled, and we all started to sing the English new years song, Auld Lang Syne.

-

After the song, George slowly pulled me aside in the room.

"I want to give you something," he said.

"What?" I said, eager to know what it was.

"Can we go somewhere quieter?" He asked.

I nodded and brought him upstairs to my room, where luckily nobody was, as I knew John and Cynthia were somewhere...

George motioned me to sit down on my bed, and I did. He seemed a bit nervous, tapping his foot and rubbing his hands together. Finally he sat down next to me.

"Look," he started to say, putting his arm around my waist, "I want to make a promise to you..."

"Okay..." I said, a bit confused.

He shifted where he was sitting and suddenly pulled something out of his pocket.

"Here," he said. He held out a ring in his hand. I was a bit shocked.

"I want to promise you. That I'll love you forever, and that I'll always be there for you and protect you...And always love you," he said again.

I sat there, not entirely knowing what to say.

"Will you take it?" George asked, getting even more nervous as I wasn't saying anything.

"Of course I'll take it Georgie," I said pulling him into a hug, "And I'll always love you."

We pulled apart and he put the ring on my left hand's middle finger. It fit just right.

"It fits perfectly," I said, looking at it with amazement, "How'd you know my size."

"Well, one day I was here with the guys and you were out. I came up here and took one of your rings from your jewelry box to find out the size. Sorry," he laughed.

I pulled him into another hug and then gave him a long, passionate kiss.

The kiss quickly became more feverish and heated, turing into something more.

Based on our location, I bet you can guess what happened after...

-
-
-
✌💙