A Loss Of A Loved One

Chapter 30

"Both Derek and Dylan will be patrolling around our area while Frankie, Steve and Tyler watch Bella's house tonight," Samantha instructed the five guys who all nodded their heads. As for the girls, all they did was stay quiet throughout the commands she was giving to their imprints.

"While they watch Bella, Embry and Jared you guys patrol around the area. As for Jacob and Paul, you two are patrolling around the reservation," her brother ordered to his pack.

"What about you two?" Frankie asks, referring to both Samantha and her brother.

They both gave each other a look then nodded their heads at one another,"I'll be patrolling all around both the reservation and Forks. Sams' just going to patrol around the reservation with Jacob and Paul," Samantha replied to him earning a few gasps from her pack members.

Without saying a word, both Samantha and Jacob walked out of the house and sat down on the chairs that were in her back porch. Jacob couldn't help but sigh as he saw dark bags forming under Samantha's eyes. "You need to sleep Sammy." She too let out a sigh of her own. Her small delicate hands wrapped around his and gave it a tight squeeze. "I'm fine," was her response. He didn't want to argue with her but he also wasn't going to go down without some kind of agreement.

Catching him off guard, she leaned up and pecked his cheek. "I'll be fine Jake."

The sound of Samantha's phone caused her to reach behind her back pocket and look at the screen.

From: Bella

Come to my house asap!!

Sighing, Samantha slipped her hand away from Jacob's and got up from the chair. From her sudden movements, Jacob too got up and gave her a concerned look. "Bella texted me, she said she wanted me to go to her house right now."

He didn't say anything but pull her into a tight hug,"Please be careful."

A howl broke out in the air causing the two to let go of each other and to stare at the woods to where the howl came from. Jacob saw the discomfort look on Samantha's face. "I'll be fine," he said. A small smile somehow made its way onto her face. "Just please be careful."

"Always am."

Catching her too by surprise, his lips connected with hers.

It wasn't those kisses you'd see in romantic movies this one was more of a glimpse of how you would kiss your grandmother.

As soon as he pulled away he went running to the woods and shifted into his wolf. He began to run but then came into an immediate stop once he remembered what he had just done a few second ago.

Oh god, he thought to himself.

***

As for Samantha on the other hand, she just stared at the spot where Jacob once stood at. Her mind was slowly trying to process everything, wondering if what just happened was a dream or was actually real.

Get it together Samantha! Sia shouted, snapping the now embarrassed Samantha, out of her stance.

Right Bella, Samantha thought, remembering Bella's text, then soon found herself jogging to her car.

Why aren't we taking your car? Sia asked her.

I don't feel like running, Samantha thought back to her.

But it's actually nice out here, Sia exclaimed as she saw how their were no dark clouds out.

My body was not built to run, Samantha replied to her once she was in her car.