6

Yoongi was slightly taken aback. He was surprised that Jungkook was interested in him. Everyone was interested but no one ever took action to become Yoongi's friend, ever since he was little. He was quiet, so others saw him as different. That's why he would get bullied. No matter where he went, it followed him.

Jungkook was getting nervous. Yoongi was still staring at him. He hadn't said a word in a good minute and a half.

'Oh God. I can't believe I screwed that up. I guess it sounded better in my head?' Jungkook thought while he bit his lip nervously. He was feeling very self conscious.

"I-it's okay if you don't want to. I understand." Jungkook said trying to hide the sadness in his voice. Yoongi snapped back to reality when Jungkook spoke.

"What? No, I'd like that. Sorry I just zoned out for a second there." Yoongi said while scratching the back of his head.

"Really?" Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Yeah, why not." Yoongi replied calmly.

"Okay, great." Jungkook couldn't hold back his smile.

Yoongi didn't return the smile. But he hadn't felt this happy to make a friend in a long time.

~~~~

Jungkook shut his locker and began wondering around in the halls looking for Yoongi. He turned the corner and he smiled brightly when he saw Yoongi putting his things in his locker.

Jungkook didn't hesitate and walked over to him. As he got closer he noticed how his eyebrows were furrowed and his lips were pursed.

"Hey Yoonie!" Jungkook said cutely.

Yoongi almost dropped the book in his hand. He quickly threw it in his locker and closed it while clearing his throat. He looked up and his face lit up at the sight of Jungkook.

"Is everything okay there?" Jungkook giggled at how awkward Yoongi acted.

"Everything's fine." Yoongi deadpanned, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"Okay then, let's go." Jungkook said with a smile.

Jungkook and Yoongi walked to the cafeteria side by side which got the attention of most. Yoongi never cared what anyone thought about him but for some reason he was feeling very protective over Jungkook when he was with him. So he made sure to send very threatening looks to anyone who looked at them weird.

Jungkook led Yoongi to his usual table where all his friends were talking. Jungkook sat down next to Namjoon. Yoongi remained standing.

"Jesus finally Jungkook what took you so..." Jimin's voice trailed off as he noticed Yoongi.

"Is it okay if Yoongi eats with us?" Jungkook asked, feeling a bit awkward. He totally forgot how weird his friends were and how they'd probably torment them.

"Of course!" Hoseok practically yelled. Ever since he saw Yoongi and realized Jungkook had developed a crush on him, he shipped them a lot.

"Yeah, take a seat." Namjoon slid over and Yoongi sat next to Jungkook.

"Thank you." Yoongi said while looking at all of Jungkook's friends.

"Yoongi, these are my friends Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin, Taehyung and Jin."

"Nice to meet you." Yoongi nodded slightly.

"So you're the pencil guy Jungkook was talking about?" Taehyung questioned while inspecting Yoongi's appearance.

Jungkook's face flushed. Why Tae? Why would you say that?!

"Pencil g-" Yoongi figured it out and stopped himself. "Oh, that. Yeah that's me."

They all chuckled and began eating. Yoongi didn't really like meeting new people but somehow he enjoyed spending time with Jungkook's friends. They talked for a while and Yoongi found out they all love music. He definitely liked them a lot more.

Yoongi was having a great time getting to know Jungkook's friends until someone interrupted.

"Sorry to interrupt but I have a question." The random boy said while looking at Yoongi and Jungkook.

"Okay?" Jungkook replied, his eyebrows raising out of confusion.

"I saw you two talking together a lot lately. Are you a thing now? Just curious." He asked.

Jungkook's face burned. What a weirdo. Who just asks someone that? He didn't know what to say but luckily for him Yoongi spoke.

"No we aren't. Well not yet anyway." Yoongi smirked and glanced over at Jungkook.

Their reactions were priceless. Jungkook looked like a tomato. Taehyung choked on his Cheeto and Jimin choked on....air. Hoseok looked amazingly happy. Namjoon's eyes looked like they were gonna pop out. And Jin looked like Yoongi had just slapped him across the face.

"Even if we were that is none of your business anyway. Just keep your nose on your face and out of my personal life." Yoongi glared at the boy. He was about to speak when Yoongi cut him off.

"Now leave us alone before I run you over with my car." Yoongi growled.

The boy quickly turned around and speed walked away. The guys were shocked. Yoongi looked back at them and raised an eyebrow when he realized they were all staring at him. Finally Taehyung broke the silence.

"Yep. He's a keeper."

Eh