- 4 -

- arabella -

I fiddle with my thumbs, biting down my lip as I waited for the doctor to come back. Because of my fear of knowing if I was pregnant or not, I had delayed the test to a week, meaning that I was alone.

Isabella, being the busy girl she is, flew back to New York two days after my test. Now here I was, with my stomach growling and my palms sweating waiting for my results.

"Miss Arabella Astor?" The doctor asked, walking in and looking over the file in her hands. "I'm doctor Mora, I'll be filling in for doctor Cohen today, if you don't mind."

Shaking my head, I lied to her. I did mind. I miss my doctor, the same one I've had since I was born.

"Alright, well based off on your blood and urine results," She reads off, sitting in a stool and re-reading the results. "it looks like they came positive. Congratulations, Miss Astor, you're pregnant."

Fuck.

Feeling tears spilling down my cheeks, I began to feel overwhelmed. It was true, my body had a body inside- a tiny one that would be calling me 'mommy' in a two years.

"Do you want to know how far along you are?" Her voice echoed off, I felt myself nodding as my eyes were blurred by my tears. "You'll be five weeks exactly on Saturday."

Five weeks? Isn't that like two months?

"Congratulations." Her hand rested on my knee, keeping it from bouncing. "You can go ahead and make an appointment for an ultrasound. The front desk could give you information. Any other questions?"

Shaking my head at her, I let myself break down once she was out. Everything in me began to ache: my mind, my heart, my stomach, and my breasts as well.

How could I let this happen? I was sure I had taken every single birth control pill. Plus, Younes always wrapped it before he tapped it.

Getting my stuff, I wiped my tears away and made myself presentable. There were people who could recognized me, and leaving here in tears will lead to bad news.

Once in the parking lot, I hurried off to my car and turned it on as I dialed Isabella. And like always, her phone rang twice before she answered it. "What happened!?"

"I'll be five weeks on Saturday." I sigh to her, heading to the nearest Target. "Fuck, Isa, how am I gonna tell my parents? I'm supposed to be the boss for Astor Empire and I can't do that with a huge belly now, can I?"

"Please, tell me you're joking." Almost yelling at me, she exclaims. "Bella, we both know that your dad won't give it to you. When was the last time you stepped a foot into that building? He just wants to scare Samuel."

"Fuck you." I growled back, feeling a bit guilty because I knew it was true. I was just being used. "I'm feeling so emo right now."

There was a heavy silence for a solid minute, part of me worried that something was wrong with her but then I heard her quiet giggles and cars. "Shit, sorry, Bella. I have to go now."

"Why?" I whined, frowning at her words.

"I just bumped into someone." She says, her voice in a squeal. Yep, she was going to flirt. Kissing noises came from her end, "XO, baby doll. Love you."

Why is she being like this?

"Me too, I guess." I say back, letting her hang up on me. Paying for my parking space, I got out the car and locked it. Making my way out to the street. "Stupid Target."

Once inside the store, I went up to the second floor and straight to the food. Looking over the choices, I finally decided on some Lunchables and some bananas and kiwis. As I was checking out the chocolates, my phone began to vibrate.

"Hello?" I ask, picking it up as soon as I saw my brother's name. "Sammy"

"Shit. Ow, let go Pepa!" He said, probably trying to train his puppy again. "Yo, Bells."

"What?" I ask, lingering over the candy section. I looked down at my basket, noticing that I had unconsciously placed three chocolate bars inside. "I'm shopping, Sammy."

"And I'm in a hurry to ask you what the fuck you're going to do." He snaps back, his angry tone taking me back. "Seriously, Bella? You want to duplicate right now?"

I furrow my eyebrows, not really catching what he was saying. "What are you on?"

"You're fucking pregnant!" He finally said, his words almost making me crumble. "Bella?"

How could he know? He has always been the last person to know anything!

"Samuel, you fucking dick, who even told you that?" I hiss, almost running down to the registers. "Where are you!?"

He laughed, "I have my sources, baby doll."

"Samuel, listen to me." I say lowly, standing in line and trying not to panic. "Meet me at my apartment in ten minutes-"

"I'm already here." He says and I could only picture his smug face, "And I brought Pepa."

Holding back a yell, I hung up on him and began to scan my items. My throat felt tight, my head suddenly became fuzzy and my body weak.

I don't like this. I don't like that the asshole of my brother knows, and I don't like how he will start to blackmail me.

Dashing out of the store, I practically ran back to my car and almost crashed and ran people over as I drove back to my place. As soon as I was back in my hotel and the vallet had my keys, I ran back upstairs.

The barks of the small pup were the first thing I heard when I entered my apartment, then the television. Walking further in, I spotted my brother. "Well, hey there, Bella."

"You motherfu-" I dart to him, tackling him and beginning to slap him all around. He wiggled under me, not hitting back which made me madder. "Who told you!?"

He yelled loudly, "Isabella!"

Sitting back, the overwhelming feeling came back. This time with anger and sadness. Putting my face into my hands, I began to cry harder than I did at the doctors.

"Fuck." He muttered, probably not wanting to comfort me-he never did. Bringing me into his arms, he patted my hair awkwardly. "I'm sorry."

I shook my head, "I'm screwed, Sammy. My future is gone. I'm going to be kicked out of the family."

"It'll be okay." He says back in a small voice, "You have me and Gina, Tabby, and Olly."

"You promise?" I whisper back at him, continuing my water works. "Promise, Sammy?"

He held his pinky up, "I promise, Bella."

-