EB 22: Where She's Got A Damaged Pride

Endless Bonds Copyright © 2016-2018 xXMopelXx All Rights Reserved.

Chapter Posted - September 1, 2018

Happy Reading, Bees <3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

C H E R 

:: Chapter (22) :: Where she's got a damaged pride

"You've been checking your phone constantly. Everything, OK?"

Tara's driving with her left hand and eating the frozen yogurt I bought her with her right hand. She's bringing us to Danny's Grill since I still haven't picked up my car from my house. I'm too broke to even afford gas, even though my mom claims she'll cover my expenses while I find a part-time job.

"Yeah. It's all good," I lie to her.

The truth is I'm a mess. My left-hand ring finger is empty, and my stomach is knotted in various ways because Pierre is being bizarre. He's barely called me, and our text conversations are short and straight to the point.

I miss talking to him about everything and anything. I mean, I know I'm faraway, but I still want to make the effort. I know he's tired and I'm busy, but the first two weeks of me landing here weren't so bad. We were still talking and messaging like normal.

Now I feel a strange rift slowly forming between us.

The only notification I got from him this morning was an e-transfer of 150 CDN dollars, the one he insists on sending me on a weekly basis because he told me he's got to treat his girl like a reine.

I'm not there with you, Cher, so I need to make sure my girl has tout ce dont elle a besoin. Not even a "Bonjour, mon coeur" text message. I know Sundays are busy for him, but still. My pride's all twisted up, so I don't want to message him first.

It scares me because he's not just my fiancée. He's my safety-net.

Pierre made me learn to trust and love again. He's made me realize that there is a whole world beyond Vancouver, that there are more people beyond my small social circle back at home. Being in Paris gave me the freedom and independence I never knew I needed. It was healthy. And, Pierre was there with me every step and blinking-moment.

He also made me see that I couldn't define my future steps based on my step-father's verbal and physical anger.

My mother's bxstard of an ex-husband was locked up in jail, but I'd been afraid of my own shadow throughout senior year of high school. My friends kept telling me I wasn't myself. But it was hard to feel like yourself when you were still living in the same place where you'd felt those physical hits and those insults slicing you like knives.

Sometimes I think I took my first real breath when I landed in France. Everything was different. No one knew me, and I didn't know anyone.

I didn't even have a moment to feel alone or scared because I'd stumbled upon Pierre Aguillard as fast as lightning before the clap of thunder.

I love him, and he's asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. Who cares if this is a rough patch; he's my happy-ending, right? Then why isn't he answering to my texts like a proper happy-ending? I need my happy-ending to give me a reply ASAP.

I don't know if I can wait until Christmas to see him.

"Cheryl...Bitch. You good?" Tara insists again.